Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Curious about Tandem rigging jigs and shiners ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Curious about Tandem rigging jigs and shiners ?

I imagine this has been asked many times, but as a new member, I'm trying this technique for the first time and I'm looking for tips and Opinions on tandem rigging for Crappie. I found an article on using both plastic tipped jigs and live shiners together, but it didn't include how to rig it ? I have tandem rigged before for offshore Cod and haddock fishing, The tandem rig for that required the jig for weight on the bottom and the bait hook above, tied with a dropper loop for the hook. Would the crappie tandem rig be set up the same way and would anyone know if there is any threads here with any diagrams ? Any feed back would be greatly Appreciated !

Thanks
    Surf

Post Thanks / Like

Look up top on the main page at the sticky's and find Ship's post on knots and rigs. In the first post there is a simple bobber setup with tandem jigs. That pretty much spells it out just tip the jigs with minnows or shiners.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for pointing that out for me huntinslabs, I've been scouring for all the new tips and tricks on the site and I went right past it ! Doh

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Surf .... scroll all the way down to the bottom of this page, and you'll find "similar" threads on the subject. Also, you can click on the "Advanced Search" link (top right of page, on banner) and do a search on "tandem", and see what other threads you can find. Just don't use the "common" key words for a search, like jigs or shiners ... you want to use a unique word, so as to narrow down the results.

Only tip I can send your way, is to use lite wire hooks ... so you can bend them open/free when snagged.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the heads up CP and putting up with the new guy ! Doh The tools are here like on the other forums. I just got to track them down. I'm trying a new Honer light wire hook that my buddy told me about, so far it gettin em in the bucket ! Thumbs Up

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

We still welcome others with ideas on rigging to post their diagrams on that stickie. That way we can all help each other . I learned that simple diagram from watching Midwest Crappie with Russ Bailey. Drill Instructor was a guest on one of the shows. He is a member and a friend here on CDC.

Welcome from Alabama.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by surflizard View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out for me huntinslabs, I've been scouring for all the new tips and tricks on the site and I went right past it ! Doh
    Thats easy to do with the wealth of info on here. And be sure and look through eachstates pages as there is a ton of info on them as well. Sometimes ya gotta piece the puzzle together, but always ask as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I was a little dissapointed that New Hampshire didn't have a page, but I'm not surprised ! A lot of people here consider them a "Trash" fish ! Of all the different Fresh water species that I chase, myself personally. I Prefer Crappie fillets over all the others ! I've made more than a few Crappie converts over the years, but ya can't win em all ! Oh well, their loss is my Gain !! Rofl Thumbs Up

Post Thanks / Like

Tony as long as you don,t get over this way and steal my fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Uh Oh Busted !! Doh Oops, Hiya Wayne, I would most definatelty like to get over there and fish "WITH" ya sometime ! Thumbs Up Momma took me to school the other day, I swear that women don't play fair ! :rolleyes:
    Hers

Mine