Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cranking Stockton this weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cranking Stockton this weekend

Fished Mutton Creek area with good results this weekend. Saturday took my son and uncle and in 4hrs we had 45 keepers and several short fish around googer. Today we had to wait on a small storm and fished the same area. From 7:30 to 10:00 we caught 2 limits of fish on cranks. Both days the best bite was in 26-30ft around 1.5-1.8mph. Fish were not in the same spot each day and wanted a little different bait each day. They were not far from the same spots but it made a huge differenct where we ran. We caught them on a variety of bandit 200, 300 and flicker shad. Also tried some Rebel crappie crank r (deep wee r in cool colors) and did very well on those. Seems like about any big spawing bay is holding fish. Good luck!
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

great report and sound's like a lot of fun, gotta love trolling crank's! hope to be doing it next weekend!
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for a good report.I plan on being up there somewhere on the water tomorrow morning.Got either 6 or 7 buckets with cedar stakes loaded to sink somewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome couplea days for you guys, glad to hear it. Congrats on some great fishing.
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish

Post Thanks / Like

your getting me worked up Jason congrats on the great two days. sounds like fun to me