Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Green 6/11

Post Thanks / Like

Default Green 6/11

Fished Saturday from 7 to 3 and it was a most humbling experince.
    1 keeper and 3 short fish. Cast jigs and my son used a few minnows.
    Tried flats, deep/shallow cover, breaks, all the places that normally work for me.
    Seen very few fish on the graph.
    Curious if the fast rise in water temp and the stop of the draw down has them messed up or just something I was doing.
    Did anybody else go the same day? Would like to hear how you done.
    Signed "Most humbled in Hodgenville"

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that's a tough day of fishing.:o We all have 'em though. Just lay in there, you'll find 'em.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I probably saw you out on the water, also from Hodgenville ironically. We fished from 7-12 Saturday morning and caught only 10 fish between the two of us total. We focused on the two main lake flats that normally produce for me this time of the year ansd the fish just weren't there. Spider rigging with minnows and jigs tipped with minnows. Before the rains I was catching 50+ fish a day and I have been lucky to catch ten fish a day since the water dropped. I see very few people catching any number of fish but the ones who are finding them are catching a lot of them.

I stopped at noon and ran upriver to do some catfishing but only caught two dinks and a 6lb drum so nothing to brag about there either. So hyou aren't the only one having "issues" on Green this year. The last 3 weeks have me puzzled.

~Adam

Post Thanks / Like

Adam,
    Any chance you were in a Tracker boat?
    I am in a older blue/grey Skeeter. Normally have my 12 year old son with me. If the sun is out I will have on a full brimmed tan hat
    Paul

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by colayn View Post
    Adam,
    Any chance you were in a Tracker boat?
    I am in a older blue/grey Skeeter. Normally have my 12 year old son with me. If the sun is out I will have on a full brimmed tan hat
    Paul
    I'm in an older white/blue/silver Javelin bass boat with a 115 Johnson. I almost always have on an orange ballcap. I always launch from Lone Valley and am there at least one weekday morning a week since I usually work nights on saturday and sunday.