Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie Crank-R

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Crank-R

Has anyone used these crappie lures by Rebel? Are they better than Bandits? About the same? Should we be carring them in our tacklebox? I like to long line trow Bandits, but always looking for a change up.

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that it hurts one bit to experiment,,that is how all this started,,experimentation,,however,,just remember,,all these lure companies are now duplicating bandits,,and i go by their depth charts and sometimes these other baits its a unknown factor as to how deep they are running until you hit the bottom or a weed line of suchs. vs, knowing the bottom depth with your depth finder. I sometimes also crank other baits as I carry about 140 others that I already had before getting a ton of bandits,,so every now and then,,I put one on just to see how they work as well,,most of these are from my bass fishing days,,but personally,,I think all of them will eventually catch a crappie if you drag it long enough..some are just better than others,,bandits definitely have their own wiggle.

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I havent tried the rebel but i have the bandits and others. This is kinda off subject but i dont ever see high numbers on these. its happend several times ill find fish with em but there slow at best.
    Happy Hooken.....

Post Thanks / Like

I picked up 2 of the Rebels last week, Seasick and Sunshine. Went to Sardis Friday and keyed in on chartreuse as the color of the day. The Rebel Seasick went toe to toe with a Bandit Chartreuse Sparkle and out fished it.
    I got 350 heads on a 305 engine.
    I get 6 miles to the gallon.
    I aint got no good intentions.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't comment on the different cranks, I can't quit catching them on jigs to get serious about draggin cranks. What I can tell you is that if it's a change up you're after, try putting a dressed treble on the tail, or a spot of glue and glitter, or a red line on the bottom or a defined gill plate in red. All these will, at times, throw them a curve and help you up the bag. Some of the trebles I've seen used had ne more than 2 pieces of Christmas tinsel tied on for a touch of flash. Hair and red yarn are some others.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

You need a few. They do very well on the MS big four.

Sent from my MB501 using Tapatalk
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers

Post Thanks / Like

they are pretty nice....dont have many, but they work.....still have more confidence in bandits though......

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Post Thanks / Like

Fished them a lot over the last month and they work very well. I fish bandits, flickershad, and deep wee 'R (crappie cranker) and none of them seem to catch fish any better than the others. On different days one might out shine the others but it seems pretty well matched most times. I like to use them to add variety.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive been pullin em about a month or so and like em. They do catch fish and I like their color schemes. Sometime different. I like the Wally's also.
    We only sell the Best. Ranger, Xpress, Yamaha, Suzuki, Tohatsu.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeetbum View Post
    i can't comment on the different cranks, i can't quit catching them on jigs to get serious about draggin cranks.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.