Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smallies during the rain and thunder

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smallies during the rain and thunder

I caught a few smallies this afternoon around 1pm out at Offutt Lake. I went by there to check out the levels after last nights rain and i saw some jumping action as i as passing by. So i decided to hop out and fine tune the baitcaster again and see what i could catch. Nevertheless i pulled in 4 good size smallmouth bass and a few bluegills and perch. Even while the rain was coming down and i could some rumbles of thunder.

Post Thanks / Like

Some of the best times to fish is in the rain or right after a front moves thru. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

The baitcaster working better on the other rod? EB

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, there is a brake knob underneath the retrieve reel. I tighten it down on the crankbaits. I hardly ever backlash now. Though i can tell it really takes from the casting distance. So im working on feathering down my thumb to keep it from backlash when I loosen up on the brake.

Today, Im going to Cabelas to pick up an UL rod for crappie fishing. One of the guides fell off from the tip of the rod, so now it really frays the line when casting. Figure I'll pick up another combo while i wait till next month to replace the one that broke. Think I'll get one of those Shakespeare Ugly Stiks.

Post Thanks / Like

Hang on to the rod and we can fix the guide. EB

Post Thanks / Like

I want to get a more sturdy action rod for the Sahara reel. But I will hang on to it. maybe use some superglue on it or something.

Post Thanks / Like

Nevermind now. I should have known this morning wasn't going to be good. Didn't get a very good sleep, plus I felt sick this morning, then the guide piece of rod came off, even after I superglued it back on last night. Needless to say, the line stopped while casting and got tangled up in tree offshore. So I lost my brand new lure. Then I dropped my cell phone and cracked the glass screen. Not a good morning at all.

Post Thanks / Like

As they say chit happens! EB