Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grizzly Jig - Can't Beat'm

Post Thanks / Like

Default Grizzly Jig - Can't Beat'm

Ordered my Sam Heaton jig poles and Teca reels Tuesday afternoon and had them already yesterday. I know I'm going to really like the redesigned poles and the reels seem to be real good quality and light.

The crappie are starting to thump a jig a bit better too so I should be able to start breaking in one of the poles today.

I caught several good crappie yesterday on an Orange 3/32-ounce TeeZur jig tipped with a Rosy Red. Couldn't get them to take a hair jig tipped with a minnow or the TeeZur with a skirt and minnow - they'd just nip the minnow off - but as soon as I took the skirt off and just used a minnnow I started sticking them.

I have two trips today - daylight to dark - work, work, work!
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

P.S. Just checked Cabela's and Grizzly Jig was $15 cheaper on the same exact reel!
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Jerry Blake, check out my post titled crappie.com shirt, it's cute, I thought I'd give Fatboy a little laugh.

Post Thanks / Like

Let us know how work went Jerry. Did you do any good?

Hope the weather was OK, cause it's freezing up here this morn.

Oh, and I probably could offer special custom t-shirts just like your modified one CS!
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jerry

Did you say that you were using some Shimano Reels. 2000 something? I picked up a 2000 syncopate quickfire. But I read that there was another model of the Shimano 2000 something. Did I get the wrong one? Figures if I did. LOL

I was not aware that they made that many different models with the 2000 name.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Blake
    P.S. Just checked Cabela's and Grizzly Jig was $15 cheaper on the same exact reel!
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Default drag

Quote Originally Posted by Moose1am
    Did you say that you were using some Shimano Reels. 2000 something? I picked up a 2000 syncopate quickfire. But I read that there was another model of the Shimano 2000 something. Did I get the wrong one? Figures if I did. LOL

Did you get front or rear drag?
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

Default Grizzly stop

Next Thursday I'm going to get out of town as early as possible even if I have to fake being sick so I can make a pit stop at the Grizzly Jig Co. and get Jerry one of those rubber nets. Early Christmas present. If anyone else needs me to pick something up send me your lists now. Well, the sick part won't be a lie anyway. I've got crappie fever.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duane
    Did you get front or rear drag?
    Front drag - Tica Cetus LF500 - very nice, got to try one out today but not much because the crappie were biting too good this morning and I stayed busy baiting hooks, netting fish and taking fish off. The bite turned off around 10 though and by this afternoon they had lock jaw - most of them anyway.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by edhead
    Let us know how work went Jerry. Did you do any good?

Hope the weather was OK, cause it's freezing up here this morn.

Oh, and I probably could offer special custom t-shirts just like your modified one CS!
    Hey Ed:

We did ok today but not as good as yesterday. Good example of what a cold front can do to ole papermouth's bite.

This was yesterday - cold front still in the state with steady pressure right around 30.00:

This was today - pressure rising to 30.38:

Cold fronts don't seem to turn them off quite as much or for as long this time of year, I guess because it also cools the water off, which gets them going again in a day or two.

Surface temps are back down around 65 and with the weather they are predicting they will probably be steady or continue to fall so I expect the crappie to be hot for the next few weeks.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 02-04-2006 at 07:32 AM.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moose1am

Hey Moose:

Shimano makes several different models in the 2000 series. I think the 500, 1000, 2000 simply refer to the general size of the reels.

I don't recall the model off 2000 series reels I use on my slip-float reels but they don't have the quickfire trigger - just gets in the way and we don't cast with them anyway. They are $14.96 at Walmart. I can get the model number for you if you like - too tarrrred to walk down to the boat shed tonight.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast