Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: SOMEONE STOLE MY GPS....Anyway....

Post Thanks / Like

Default SOMEONE STOLE MY GPS....Anyway....

Since I only had about 30 spots in my ETREX VISATA model (some fishing holes you have you just don't have to GPS them, you been fishing them for years and can go right to them)...Had it had in it the hundreds of future PVC condos I'm building from the MOTHERLOAD I would have killed myself...But anway...

I had the Garmin Etrx Vista and someone said something about it updates much quikcer than most models.

I'm not looking to break the bank and now considering the I Finder H20. I like the big screen.

Does it function the same as it terms of use if anyone has one as compared to other brands. Can you zoom in close? Does it automaitically up date like GARMIN other model (in terms of feet form desied location, etc?)

Hopefully this model will be for me and I will protect my next GPS like my wallet.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't give you a comparison between the two, but I can tell you that I like mine just fine. I would recomend getting the Map Create software with it. The base map lacks much detail, but when you load the Map Create map into it then it has all you need.

Mine zooms down to 0.02 miles, I can't imagine needing to get any closer than that. I haven't got to try it on the water yet, but it will take me right to my favorite asparagus patches. It uses SD/MMC data chips to load maps and GPS data into it and your computer, and is compatable with Hot Spots, Navionics, and some other map sets.

Lowrance also has some free lake maps that you can download for it on their website.
    Lund Rebel XL 1625 Merc 60 4 stroke
    Yamaha T8 Lowrance HDS 5
    Minn Kota 70lb I Pilot 60"