Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best minnow bucket?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best minnow bucket?

I like frabil products when it comes to buckets. I have 2 i like the ones that float on top of the water. Mines yellow and white. Used to use tin can one they sink to the bottom lost a few.:p

Post Thanks / Like

I like Frabill products too. This minolife has served me well. No spills, and keeps them alive.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the styrofoam with wire "cage" around it. I only use minnows in the winter so they never need to be changed out.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigbob
    I use the styrofoam with wire "cage" around it. I only use minnows in the winter so they never need to be changed out.
    I use the same thing. In the summer I carry frozen pint bottles of drinking water with me. I take a few extra and put one in the bucket about twice a day. Works great.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

If you have any old cooler laying around those work the best. Drill a hole near the top for the air hose and attatch the areator to the cooler.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone tried the dry hands minnow bucker. Thought about purchasing a couple. I don't know anyone that has one so I was wondering if it was worth the money.
    Mike
    Mike Perry

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mperry
    Has anyone tried the dry hands minnow bucker. Thought about purchasing a couple. I don't know anyone that has one so I was wondering if it was worth the money.
    Mike
    Here you go there was talk of them just the other day.

http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showthread.php?t=17716
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like it might be the one to get. I did not understand how it worked. Still don't really but sounds simple.
    Mike
    Mike Perry

Post Thanks / Like

We like the "Cool Bubbles" minnow buckets from BPS. They do really well in the hot summer months.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Hey Mike .....from what I can tell

Quote Originally Posted by mperry
    Sounds like it might be the one to get. I did not understand how it worked. Still don't really but sounds simple.
    Mike
    It basically has a inner bucket, when raised, allows the water to run back into the bucket (like the old style metal cage/bucket ones did) and bring the minnows up to the pour spout lip ... and out slips a minnow. It appears to be a somewhat closed system with liner, and aeration system.

And while it won't "really" keep your hands dry (the minnow doesn't come out dry ... LOL!!), it will keep you from having to dip hands or net into the bucket/water. ............. cp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast