Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nightime crappie fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nightime crappie fishing

Would anyone be interested in sharing your knowledge on crappie fishing at night? Where do you set up typically? What kind of lights do you use? How long do you stay on a spot before you pull up and change locations? Thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.crappie.com/rango/index.htm

This is an article from the articles page you can also find alot of information on the south Carolina page there is alot of people on that page that nightstalk there.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks EJONES for the info. The article was great!

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If you'll get rigged up and set up as Rango's article says I'll GUARANTEE ya that you will catch some fish!! :D
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks...Trophy King. I going to look into some more fishing at night. Most of the "nuts" should be gone by then.

Post Thanks / Like

CrappieHound the lake i fish has several bridges on it they always produces good.Also this lake has alot of standing timber sometimes I tie off to the trees this also does well too.I also use the cheap floating lights.I tie up and just wait till the fish start bitting fish till they quit and then go home.Once you set up and locate the fish You will love it no jet skis or fast boats just quite and peaceful i night fish year round.Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Crappie Fisher. Do you need to set up lights around the bridge pilings or are the fish just naturally moving in and around the structure to feed?

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using Q-beam submersibles. They work great. The larger ones, 21", only have a .6 amp per hour draw. They will run all night on a decent size feeder motor battery. I use a 7+ AmpHour battery per light and it will run all night.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, HogPaw. I love this site because people are so willing to share thier knowledge. Keeps people from spending money on ideas and gear that don't work. Cudos! everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yep thats it.

I saw tyhe same setup on infisherman. one Submersable/floating light and a few clip-on painters lights and wow you will be in heaven. The rule of thumb is 30 min waiting for fish to arrive. If no fish then you move. But its probaly more important to scout before you go and not be blindly running around in the dark. You will catch all kind of stuff, trout, cats, crappie. I used to loveing jiggin my lure right in the light and watching the flash of a crappie engulf it. You supposidly catch the bigger fish out away from the sub.float lights.
    "Some days im Basstastic other days im crapptacular"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast