PDA

View Full Version : Popeye Jigs

mistertwister
03-22-2006, 04:37 PM
I see reference in fishing reports from Reelfoot lake of Popeye Jigs. Been years since i have used these (crappie in Florida). Anyone know where these are sold now, or does anyone recommend them? Thanks!

wvspec
03-22-2006, 05:18 PM
Give Lou or Wade a call at grizzly jig and they will set you up. They sell a slight different version than the popeyes but they work as good or better. The eye is at a different angle which helps with the angle at wich the jig falls.
They are near Reelfoot.
www.grizzlyjig.com

Good Luck

CrappiePappy
03-22-2006, 06:41 PM
Many different "popeyes" are available ... I use two different ones:
"Popeye Special" jigs - made by Jack Ewen of Stanton Ky 606-663-4347 ... usually #1 or #2 size (eye is at a 45deg angle to hook shank/head) Usually available in bait shops, Wallymarts, etc.

Cabin Creek Baits "Pop-Eye" jig - Winchester Ky ... 606-744-6490 (eye is at a 90deg angle to hook shank/head) Available in bait shops.

There are several Crappie.com members that make feather jigs, similar to the commercial "popeye" versions. I also use custom jigs, made by Paul Mullins of P&S Custom Tackle (Flax Patch, Ky). baitmaker2000@hotmail.com
And I have some of "Oregon Slabman's" hand tied jigs, that are very nice looking. .............. cp :cool: