Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing with Chris today

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing with Chris today

It started out on a bad note this morning. I got the boat ready to go and checked to make sure everything was working and no power to the trolling motor. Chris was waiting for us to show up so I called him and had him come to my house while I worked on it. I found a wire had come apart so I solderied it this time. Put it back together and now the trolling motor only runs about 25% of speed again. I said it is good enough for us for today. We loaded Chris's tackle in the boat and stopped and picked up Lawrence and was off to the lake. We started fishing where I caught the Walleye the other day but they wasn't there, but the Crappie were. We caught 4 nice females that were still full of eggs in 16 ft of water. I also picked up a very nice Bull Bluegill there also. The water temp was 74 at the Marina. We used Minnows there. Chris thru some bass lures and caught a nice Bass from that area. We then moved down to the dam and I switched to a 1/16th leadhead jig with the Black and White RR Umbrella body and the Creature on a 1/16th chartruses jig. We trolled across the front of the dam and picked up a few more crappie but were to small to add to the livewell. We stopped and had some lunch and drinks and then moved to another spot but only caught more small ones. Moved to 2 other spots and I caught a respectable Bass on the first one and nothing on the second one. Chris had a nice bass jump on his lure at the second spot but missed it. It was pushing 95 with little breeze so we called it a day and will try again some other time.
    Looks like it is the year to have to catch 10 Crappie to get 1 keeper. That was about the average today. In some of the coves the water got to 76 degrees.
    We brought 5 nice Crappie and the 1 Bull Bluegill home. Every little fillet helps towards the Fish Fry. It was a very enjoyable day with Chris on the water.

Here is Chris with a couple that wanted a boat ride.
    Name:  Fishing 6-6-11 001.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  47.8 KB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Yea i was pretty tired after i got home. But it was fun nevertheless, can't wait to get back out there with ya to do some more fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

The weather man said it got to 101 degrees yesterday. No wander we was sweating. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

It also explains why I now look like a burnt piece of toast. But the fish didn't mind, haha.