Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: humminbird fish finder

Post Thanks / Like

Default humminbird fish finder

i have a piranha 3 fish finder that i have had for a couple of years. i bought it to go on a small flat bottom that i had to fish the small ponds in my area. it worked just fine for 1 season and then it stopped scrolling and stuck on 0 ft depth. anyone have any idea on what is wrong and can i get it to start working again? i realize the first thing that is wrong with it is that it's a humminbird. i would like to put this one on the small 1 man boat i'm building.

any help would be appreciated.

bob

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

check your transducer it may be bad. Turn your finder on and you should be able to feel a clicking in the transducer, or you should hear it making a noise. Had a lowrance that did that and it was the tranducer. Also, check your connections from the finder and the transducer. Hope this helps out.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

My Eagle 480 does the same thing some times I go into menu and tell it to reset options then it works???