Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: HELP HELP HELP from girly in TAMPA

pctime4me2 Guest

Unhappy HELP HELP HELP from girly in TAMPA

Hello.....
    I'm new to this board and was excited to find so much info on the internet for Crappie fishing.

I love to go fishing with my hubby and recently have decided to try my luck at Crappie fishing (hubby is stricktly BASS all the way). Well.....I have read and been told by EVERYONE just about how easy it is to catch crappie. REALLY?? I've tried many times and haven't caught a one yet.

We have been going to Medard Park and have tried at both Manetee and Little Manatee state park. We live in Riverview about 10 minutes from Brandon and about 20 from Tampa.....were can I go to get a for sure bite??
    We have NOT bought a boat yet so I am looking for a GREAT place to bank fish.....

We are out of spawning season now that its end of March yes? Were is the best areas to focus on? I've been casting near banks...by cattails, and docks. Should I go to deeper waters? Also.....any techniques or advice would be VERY helpful! I've tried live minnows....jigs, worms with jig head, roadrunners, spinner.

Also.....Does anyone have any great recommendations for helpful crappie fishing websites??

THANK YOU for your help af ANY kind!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I hope you don't mind a little drive down to Polk County

Here is a very good spot to go http://www.myfwc.com/Fishing/offices...ome/index.html

Let me know how it turns out. Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like

I would try early or late in the day and deep areas like deep bridges or other deep structure right now. That's what I plan on doing as soon as I can get some fishing time in . I see a lot of boats fishing Specks in deep water right now. No, I would not consider Specks or any other fish to be easy to catch :D. There are most definately times I get skunked and no matter what I throw at them, I can't make them bite even though I know they are there. That's why they call it "fishing" and not "catching" . Sounds like you're using the right gear and tackle. Best of luck.
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

BIG COUNTRY Guest

if you go back to medard park try the far side of the catwalk with some minners and cast toward the south...you can even get a after hours pass for a year whish will run about thirty dollars but you can come and go as you please.... also try under the i-4 bridge of the tampa by pass canal on thejust get off at 92 and turn onto garden lane where you can park on the side of the road and go under the bridge and fish toward the pilons i have caught many big specks there and dover park in dover is really good also lots of big slabs there with not much speck fishing pressure and some nice cats to boot.....

Post Thanks / Like

any placed that has bass will have specks. Tell your hubby to slow down and enjoy the fishing. Use small minnows nest to standing wood and enjoy the day!