Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Heading to Reelfoot after work today???

Post Thanks / Like

Question Heading to Reelfoot after work today???

Dang nation this weather is not good!! I am going to fish Thursday-Sunday and it doesn't look very good weather wise any day!! Anyone having any luck down there right now? I'll give y'all a report when I get back and have a few pictures for ya also!
    Sponsored by my wallet!!

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Better Take Your Long,es --lots Of Luck
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Still beats working! Link to Reelfoot report that's about a week old. Couldn't find anything more current. Sorry.

http://www.fishin.com/reports/tn/reelfoot.htm

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a weather link. Good luck.

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/...e%2C+Tennessee

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reelfoot Trip

Here's a report from 20 March:

http://www.reelfoot.com/reelfoot_fis...port_32006.htm

I'll be there 16 - 20 April so I'm looking forward to your report, good or bad. I use to go in March, but the weather kept me on the bank most of the days I was there. Found out the middle two weeks of April would be close to the crappie spawn, during a normal weather year. It's supposed to be near 60 towards the week-end so maybe things will improve for your trip. Good luck..

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reelfoot Report

Hey Fred,

How did you do at Reelfoot? I've been looking for your report, either good or bad..

Larry

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Hey Larry,
    Fishing was tough on Thursday and Friday. Wind...wind and more wind. Water temp in the high 40's. The wind laid down Sat. and Sun and we did very good. Caught a bunch in 9-11' of water fishing 7-9' feet deep. They were hitting black/chart, red/white and blue/white jigs. Caught a few on minnows also. Most of the crappie were "nice ones" with several being 13+ inches. I suspect it will only get better as the water temp rises and the fish move into the shallows. Sorry I was late with the report but I got in late and had to drive down after work last night and pick up the "new" boat.
    Sponsored by my wallet!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing Report

Fred,

Sounds like you had a decent trip. The wind can really mess up your plans on Reelfoot. We'll be there 16 April for 4 days so we may hit it just about right. You were fishing in the depths we usually catch our fish and we also use jigs so maybe we'll get in them also. Did you see anybody fishing the trees? "Thanks" for taking the time to let us know how you did.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reelfoot

Water was 52 Sunday, Couldn't buy a bite in less 12 ft of water. But tore them up in 13 & 12 ft. It has been super weather the last two days, not much wind. I would guess the water is going to be back to 60 by the weekend. Probaly pick up some fish in the trees, but full time spawn will probaly break loose towards end of next week. This signs are apon us -- the dog wood tree in my yard had buds on it.

Get The Net

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reelfoot Spawn - Cracker 68

Cracker68,

Sounds as if you were fishing off Green Island Point towards Swan Basin. How long will they spawn? We'll be fishing there 16 April. Will we hit it about right or towards the end of the spawn? We're staying in Samburg and fishing out of Eagle Nest Resort. We won't be set up to spider rig but bringing long pole to jig the trees and pads if the crappie are there. What's your best guess as to what we will be looking at? "Thanks"..