Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Trolling motor question

gonfishn Guest

Default Trolling motor question

I recently put a 76lb motorguide footcontrol motor on my pontoon boat. When I run it on high it wants to spin around 180 degrees and usually breaks the break away mount loose. Other than running on the lowest speed it takes an extremely large amount of force to try keep it straight. Is there something that maybe I've set up wrong? Anyone else have this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Default MK-ap

My 55ap will do the same thing some times. In the instructions it says you need to have the motor no more than 10 deg off of level or something. I would think you should be fine but, if its spinning? Call them. Mine never tracks very well on slow speeds.
    "Some days im Basstastic other days im crapptacular"

gonfishn Guest

the shaft is pretty plumb, it may vary a little the boat moves around but I wouldn't think that should cause a problem. this also does it all the time. This is the first trolling motor I've owned that had foot controls. I can see it trying to torque a little but this is to the point that it lifts me when I'm trying to hold it straight. And I'm around 200lbs. I think I will give them a call tommorrow. Thanks