Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 119 fisherfinder mount

Post Thanks / Like

Default 119 fisherfinder mount

Finally got done with the fish finder mount on the canoe. I was wanting something that was adjustable that put the fishinder right close to me so I could use the buttons easily. The bracket is a ram mount system attached to the new brace I installed to hold and keep gear off the bottom of the boat. I also fish a lot of little creeks and flyfish where the finder is not needed so I made it where everything is removable or clips on. The battery is a ryobi 12 volt drill battery that is held under the unit with a little bungee and the transducer is clipper on the edge with a spring clamp. The transducer clip tends to get in the way and hopefully I will come up with something later like a suction bracket or something. Hope this helps someone or gives them ideas on mounting a finder on a little boat.

Heres a bottom view of how the battery is mounted

Post Thanks / Like

Nice setup. I have the same ram mount and the same FF just set up different on my sot kayaks. I don't see a thing wrong with this setup except like you said about the transducer clip sticking up. Maybe a C-clamp style bracket, are you familiar with a beam clamp, would work.
    Mike Barnett