Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fillet Knife?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fillet Knife?

Whats a good electric fillet knife, I'am getting tired of filleting with manual. Iplan on catching alot of fish this summer and I need something nice and fast, but safe.

Thanx
    Love, what more can I say

Post Thanks / Like

Default Electric Filet Knives

Mighty, some years ago I purchased a "Quisinart" electric knife (115v). It came with two knife inserts, one for fish, one for other meat and was bought at either Kohls or Sams Club, can't remember which. It has given me great service. I've owned two or three other brands that seemed to wear out before their time, so the extra cost of the Quisinart has now curved down to be well worth the investment. Jim
    "Be very kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle."
    — St. Philo of Alexandra

Concord N,C home lake, High Rock, tuckertown
    Post Thanks / Like

mighty, ive got the browning fillet knife, works like a charm, you can plug it into a cigarete adapter or it has alligator clips for using with a 12volt battery, purchased it at bps for $29 on sell usually $40, great knife.

Post Thanks / Like

I have an American Angler, purchased at Wal-Mart.....in 2002, still going strong, although the blades are begining to get pretty dull. For $19 I think I'll get anouther if this one ever wears out.

Crappie Xtreme is offline Moderator Illinois Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Mighty, I bought a Rapala brand a few weeks ago because my old one was getting worn out. I have used it a bunch since I bought it and I think it is the best one I have ever owned. It comes with several diferent cords. You can use it with your battery on the boat, plug it into a 12 volt outlet or plug it into a 110 volt so no matter where you are it can be used. I like it because it is very small in diameter not big and bulky. It is like holding a mag light and very comfortable. It also comes with two different blades a short style or a longer blade, use which ever one you want. It came from Wal Mart and it cost about $40.00.
    IL board Moderator

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I also bought an American Angler from Wal-Mart 2 years ago. Been happy with it.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Black and Decker 700. $14.99 at Amazon.

Post Thanks / Like

Mighty, before you buy, you need to try the Mister Twister or Rapala, or any other brand that has the blades that come to a point. The Mister Twister brand is named the Piranha. You can get it at Bass Pro for a bout $29.00. I think the Wal-Mart version also has these type blades. They just seem to work better than the old blunt ended ones that were popular when electric knives first came out.
    He among you who is without sin...cast the first stone.

Post Thanks / Like

My Mr. Twister is about 10 years old and still works just like new.

Post Thanks / Like

I have an American Angler, Mister Twister, and a Hamilton Beach. Ai'nt much difference between them all. Just make sure the blades have some flex to them...izzy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast