Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cold Front

Post Thanks / Like

Question Cold Front

Any of you think this front is going to slow the fish down this weekend? Ive got big plans at Nimrod and wanted to get some opinions.

Post Thanks / Like

It will probably push them a little deeper, especialy since it is not really warming during the day. Nimrod is a good anytime lake though.

Post Thanks / Like

Panfish, do you ever fish Pickthorne, right there by cabot? I heard there is a good crapie population there.

Post Thanks / Like

Used to fish it all the time for bass. Crappie is a real hit or miss though. The lake stays pretty muddy. I have a friend who fishes it regularly with a spider rig and catches a few out in the middle of the lake trolling. Hope that helps

Post Thanks / Like

I'd fish in spots you have planned to fish, if you get no bites, do a 180 and fish the other side of the boat. That is what I did last weekend, it is amazing what a few inches of water will do.

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default nimrod

Quote Originally Posted by Panfish
    Any of you think this front is going to slow the fish down this weekend? Ive got big plans at Nimrod and wanted to get some opinions.
    It is a flood control lake and is rising fast! I heard the level will be up 8' this week. You will be fishing backwaters most likely. I would suggest yoyo's in the back of creeks. They were hot friday before the front. I live close by and fish jigs regularly to catch mine. The water temp was in the high 60's then. I'll bet it has dropped below 50 , just a guess.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs