Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally some Crappies at camp..

Post Thanks / Like

Default Finally some Crappies at camp..

Got some time to do some crappie fishing. It was going well for about 45 min. and had to get back in because of the thunder storm. Give it a shot next weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like the boys are having some fun showing off thier catch. Been real slow fishing down here in the southern-tier with all the rain this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Niece you got the kids out. The weather has been lousy this spring.

Post Thanks / Like

It is wet all over in the north country also. Its only the 2nd time getting out. We'll bring the camera next weekend and try some other part of the lake. We have tried, beaver tails, roadrunners, all differant color mister twisters and tubes etc.
    The roadrunners have also got pike and did'nt take long to get them snapped off. I think I may go with bobbers and minnows big minnows. for bigger crappies??? all the ones, except for a few, are anywhere from 3" to 9".
    I did bring my x67c that I use for ice fishing and It worked well... Good luck to all...

Post Thanks / Like

If you decide to go the minnow route, you can't beat a pound of fatheads - they're just the right size for crappie.
    Glad you finally got up to camp and got on the water a bit with the kids. I've been doing pretty good, high water and all, on the little lakes a little bit to the West of you. Actually going to be able to do a fish fry or two this year!

Post Thanks / Like

Another really nice weekend at camp and not 1 keeper, All fish where 4-9" fished the cliffs, rock walls, weeds.. eveything. Talked with some other guys and the same thing. No bait fish ? Can't figure it out. I might put the same question out there so all can give me a answer, See what the southern guys have to say...

Post Thanks / Like

I fished duck lake last year for the first time, (it is were the NY state record crappie came from) we fished it two different times and never caught a keeper. we caught 8" and under as fast as we could get a jig in the water. maybe your lake is going through a cycle.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Them boys are the right age to keep you busy. Congrats on your time on the water.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gabowman View Post
    Them boys are the right age to keep you busy. Congrats on your time on the water.
    You'd be surprised when they want to go you better get going but when dad wants to, somebody always has something to do. The good thing about that is alot of less snags and putting the boat in reverse to undo the snag, but its all good.
    I may need to teach the daughters some crappie fishing....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast