Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: In memory of Eddie L. Cook

Post Thanks / Like

Default In memory of Eddie L. Cook

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

This was a favorite saying of my Father, Eddie L. Cook. He was an avid sportsman and enjoyed the outdoors all of his life. He taught me to fish, hunt, and respect the earth, which provides this bounty, for our taking. He provided me the wisdom to feed myself in bad times and to enjoy those same benefits during the good times. I do not have children of my own and I am saddened that I may not pass this valuable information on to the next generation, as it is an art that is quickly disappearing from the national landscape.

I miss my father deeply. He perished, in part, due to his service to our country. He served in several wars, and during peacetime was a service member providing aircraft and missiles maintenance. He speculated that these tasks and Agent Orange led to his bouts with Cancer and his eventual demise.

He told me to look out for myself and not make the mistakes he had made. Do not use chemicals without protective gear and not outside their intended usage. I know that I have encountered some of the same chemicals he had in the service to his country, and his words ring true each time I think of his suffering through the pain of Cancer.

To all,

Enjoy the Earth and protect yourselves.

Joseph Cook AKA Jody20
    Last edited by Jody20; 05-30-2011 at 04:04 PM.