Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New to the board.

Post Thanks / Like

Default New to the board.

Transplanted southern boy who's new to the area. I've been able to figure out the smallmouth (well sort of) but not the crappie. Any place around I can take my 8 year old to catch a crappie from the bank. I got him hooked on perch fishing last October on a dock in Bellevue under interstate 90. Between that and Bill Dance he thinks it's that way all the time. Been a long winter.

Post Thanks / Like

first of all welcome :D . one of the best docks for crappie that i know of is on the potholes resivoir, at mardon resort. i know its a little far away but is well worth it. seems to be good from june to the end of september. great for bass off there to . you can get crappie off the bridge at moses lake to during the same time. a closer lake that has a dock and has crappie is lake cassidy. you wont get to many big ones out of there but there is a lot of them in there. good place to take a kid. if you are looking for some easy perch fishing, there is a lot of bank access on lake washington. the seward park area is really good in the summer.
    Last edited by crappieking14; 03-21-2006 at 05:19 PM.
    fishin isn't a sport, it's a way of life.
    A motto I live by. :D
    go dawgs!!

Post Thanks / Like

Top lakes close to Seattle for crappie from the bank would be Kapowsin, Ohop, and Tanwax. Maybe Ice can chime in on Cassidy. I've never tried it from the bank but it's one hell of a crappie lake. Kapowsin and Tanwax both have boat rentals and resorts that have fishing docks. Ohop has some slabs but timing is everything there. Hit it during the second week of May and you can slay crappies from the roadside pull offs. The fish at Kapowsin and Tanwax will start to move in to spawn during the last week of April.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, Stuck!

Post Thanks / Like

welcome aboard!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, glad to see some more people around here

Post Thanks / Like

Fine then I will be that last one to welcome you, sorry for the delay, I was thinking about fishing. WELCOME!!!!!!!!! I do say we need to get all together for some fishing soon.
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info everybody.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Koke. Are you going to Alaska again this year?