PDA

View Full Version : Minn Kota troubles

Percidae_Papermouth
05-29-2011, 10:01 PM
On the lake the other day i noticed that only 2nd speed worked on my MK Edge 40 thought it was the rotary switch but upon inspection its the knob:confused: cracked and slips when turned.... Anyone else had this problem? the TM is just over a yr old and this is the third problem so far:mad::( Can I order parts direct from MK or do I have to get it over to Tom in Suffolk to get it fixed?

Corker
05-30-2011, 03:25 AM
the TM is just over a yr old and this is the third problem so far
Every uneventful day I return to the launch I'm more and more thankful that I stepped up and invested in a Terrova. Today will be trip #105 and it still works just like the day it replaced a failed PowerDrive. MK knows how to make good TMs--the company must choose to downgrade certain models by using flimsy, unreliable parts.

Barnacle Bill
05-30-2011, 08:16 AM
I would give Tom a call.

crappiedoc
05-30-2011, 10:18 AM
MK knows how to make good TMs--the company must choose to downgrade certain models by using flimsy, unreliable parts.[/QUOTE]

That's the truth, and MK isn't the only guilty company. Seems like they're making "job security junk" anymore, and we're paying for it more than once. Look at our landfills, the depletion of natural resources, weak recycling programs. Engineering at it's finest they claim, wrong. How do we get our country back? Ya know when "Made In the USA" meant something.

TapOut64
06-01-2011, 02:14 PM
I would use google and find the part online before I paid labor for someone else to install it. I can't imagine it would be too difficult to install yourself.

spec2
06-02-2011, 06:35 AM
try this web site pp

Trolling Motor Parts - Minnkota - Motor Guide - OMC (http://www.trollingmotorparts.com/Default.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1)

Percidae_Papermouth
06-02-2011, 08:36 PM
thanks spec2, heck naw George I already got the knob off.. just a E clip under the pedal that holds it on the switch. Called motortech yesterday tom was out at lunch... gotta go by in the morning to see if he's got one.

Percidae_Papermouth
06-03-2011, 09:29 PM
Got it... best $6.30 ive ever spent, got it on and put the deep cycle on charge to hit western branch tommorrow.