Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question to dubbaya.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question to dubbaya.

Where will the republican railroad get the money to pay for my (a31 year old working man) social security.The same ss that I've paid for all my working life.What with cutting the taxes to nill , and fighting fictiteous wars against fictiteous enemies and volunteering to foot the bill , instead of showing poise and patience to wait for our allies to join us.Ever hear of two heads are better than one?Theres wisdom in that saying and it runs deep.Dick Cheney (weasel , just look up his history) stated that it was "irresponsible" for our american elderly to depend on their government to take care of them in their old age.FINE , GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK!It's not like it's voluntary , you have to pay it.Mark my words , the baby boomer generation is about to start retiring and the price will be HIGH.And if you think theres no corrolation between that and the yearly shortage of flu shots for those very same folks , open your eyes.If you're not pissed off , your'e not paying attention.E.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Default big "E"

Hello big "E" Your old pal Dubbaya here. In case you didn't notice, that fictitious enemy and war you mentioned, you might check with some of the close to 3000 families that lost there loved ones on 9/11/01. Or maybe the destroyer Cole, how about the marine barracks bombed in Lebanon years ago. I could probably have a good page or 2 of attacks on American citizens, yea easily. Heck that fictitious enemy even pushed a wheelchair bound American over the side of a ship. See we don't want them's coming over here anymore so we's taken the battle to them.
    Now if you've been keeping up with politics you might have known that the Republican party would like to allow folks to invest for their retirement in there own ways rather than Social Security. See we seem to think that smart people can do better with there money than the govt. Problem is we are always fighting another party that believe's the govt should take care of everyone because folks ain't got a lick of sense about taking care of themselves. Now don't worry if you don't think some still ain't smart enough to take care of themselves we'll still have S.S. for them. Take Care Now, Your pal GW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shellback
    Hello big "E" Your old pal Dubbaya here. In case you didn't notice, that fictitious enemy and war you mentioned, you might check with some of the close to 3000 families that lost there loved ones on 9/11/01. Or maybe the destroyer Cole, how about the marine barracks bombed in Lebanon years ago. I could probably have a good page or 2 of attacks on American citizens, yea easily. Heck that fictitious enemy even pushed a wheelchair bound American over the side of a ship. See we don't want them's coming over here anymore so we's taken the battle to them.
    Now if you've been keeping up with politics you might have known that the Republican party would like to allow folks to invest for their retirement in there own ways rather than Social Security. See we seem to think that smart people can do better with there money than the govt. Problem is we are always fighting another party that believe's the govt should take care of everyone because folks ain't got a lick of sense about taking care of themselves. Now don't worry if you don't think some still ain't smart enough to take care of themselves we'll still have S.S. for them. Take Care Now, Your pal GW
    As I recall , all of the hijackers on 9/11 were saudis , and we haven't been to saudi arabia yet.I wonder why , oh yeah!Thats because the bush family and the saudi royal family are buddies from way back.As I recall not one of the hijackers were iraqi.By the way where osama these days.I bet he aint in Iraq.Oh yeah thats right we hired warlords to pull him out of tora bora and they failed.I guess they were more qualified than the greatest army in the world.I wish George would have taken as good of care of my family as he did osama's on 9/11 as they were rounded up and flown out of the country to ensure their safety.If I would have done such a terrible thing my family , everyone of them , would have been rounded up for questioning.Did they not know anything of value to our gov.?I guess we'll never know.Maybe we'll need osama's services again in the future , like when we funded his rebels to fight the russians.Do you never question what your leaders tell you , even when thay lie right to your face.I dont think Kerry was that much better , but I dont know muchabout him anyway.But I do know a bald face liar when I see one.Do a little resaerch about Cheney.All the facts are there if you go look.This man has bumbled his way through our government for years , all the while growing fat from the spoils of war.Can you say Halliburton?And as for SS.Thats great , I'm smart enough to invest my own money , give it back to me.Or is that gonna start over from zero again?There was nothing wrong with the system in place , if they would stop borrowing from it to support whatever whim they choose.I'm not some liberal who thinks the perpetrators of 9/11 should go unpunished , I just think we left Afghanistan before we caught them(him).Hussein was a bad guy for sure , but he didn't bomb our country.Bush1 should have taken care of him when he had the chance , and the world's support.E.
    Last edited by big "E"; 11-04-2004 at 02:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Canada

Seems most voters agreed with Bush's agenda. They rejected all the naysayers and all the crap the other party spewed about going to war, Haliburton etc. The people of America have spoken. They not only reelected GW, they gave him a bigger majority in the senate and house. This was done in a country where there are more registered democrats than republicans. The outcome of this election wouldn't be what it was without the vote of many democrats. There's always Canada. No further comments by me.
    Last edited by Shellback; 11-04-2004 at 02:49 PM. Reason: spelling etc

Post Thanks / Like

I'm more afraid of the local Tim McVeigh types than I am of some Muslim. Take note that the two states most affected by the 9-11 attacks overwhelmingly voted for Kerry.
    My nephew's over in Fallujah now on his second tour and I figure he'll keep being sent over until he comes home in a body bag. My flag went in the closet when Bush invaded Iraq and it stays there until this bunch is out of office. For the first time in my life, I am ashamed to be American. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

Seems most voters agreed with Bush's agenda. They rejected all the naysayers and all the crap the other party spewed about going to war, Haliburton etc. The people of America have spoken. They not only reelected GW, they gave him a bigger majority in the senate and house. This was done in a country where there are more registered democrats than republicans. The outcome of this election wouldn't be what it was without the vote of many democrats. There's always Canada. No further comments by me.
    Shellback , I dont want to give you the impression(though I probably already have) that I'm an american hater or flag burner.My opinions on the war etc. are my own.Of course the left distorts things to their advantage as does the right.I dont need a talking head to give me my opinion , the facts are there in black and white.Iraq didn't attack us.Osama does still prowl the earth waiting for his next chance and we've done nothing to deter him.I shouldn't have to go to Canada to get the straight facts or a fair shake.I live in the best country on Earth , and we should start acting that way.I will support the president as long as he dosen't put me or my family at risk , even though I think he's an unintelligent , unarticulate daddy's boy.This I will do because it's still the greatest place on earth , and I'm proud to live here.When Hillary's on the ticket in '08 you guys will wish Kerry was already in that seat and she didn't get her chance.Maybe Bush will learn from his mistakes and do better , after all he is a man of conviction.Maybe GOD will show him the error of his ways.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta
    I'm more afraid of the local Tim McVeigh types than I am of some Muslim. Take note that the two states most affected by the 9-11 attacks overwhelmingly voted for Kerry.
    My nephew's over in Fallujah now on his second tour and I figure he'll keep being sent over until he comes home in a body bag. My flag went in the closet when Bush invaded Iraq and it stays there until this bunch is out of office. For the first time in my life, I am ashamed to be American. - Roberta
    Amen Roberta.Those are exactly the types who will come out of the woodwork when they think they are safely behind a fundamentalist Christian government.A guy like Bush gives these types the impression they are right for blowing up abortion clinics and such.I never thought so many would vote him into a second term , but they did so I have to eat crow.I hope this isn't what America is in for in the future.Sorry to hear about your nephew , I hope he gets home safe and dosen't and up a casualty of the oil war.And I salute him for having the curage to fight for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Default big"E"

Probably 90% of American's all want the same thing, a good quality of life, a good education and future for our children, security from terrorists, good health care, the list goes on and on. And I don't doubt for a bit any president of any party wishes that he can accomplish it. Each party has their own thoughts on how to accomplish those goals, that's where the big differences come into play. My thought's on the war are this, like it or not, at some point in time, one of those countries over there was going to get the WMD and use them. If we can stop that from happening now, it could save literally millions of lives. Hitler was a nobody and Europe ignored him till it was too late. WW11 could have probably been avoided if Europe had the guts to confront him. Saddam defied the UN for 12 or more years, oil for food money going in his pocket, not allowing weapon inspectors etc. The UN failed, not GW. Alot of European countries had a financial stake in Iraq once sanctions were lifted. They were looking out for their own big businesses rather than stability in the region. These are reasons I back Bush on his war in Iraq. Did he, intelligence, commanders and others possibly make mistakes, of course. There's lots of Monday morning quarterbacking on what should have been done and when, and how this could have been prevented. That ain't how things happen in real time though, mistakes happen and you have to keep the final goal in mind.
    As far as domestic problems, we can argue till we are blue in the face. You could say the worker deserves more money, I'd argue that you have to invest in business so they can build and make higher wages possible. I think one should be able to opt out of S.S. and invest their own money, trouble is most working stiffs with a few kids probably wouldn't invest that money cause they are scraping by as is. I'm sure you probably know of or heard of more than one individual who's collecting SS disability who are able to work, or are drunks or drug addicts. The system could probably save a forture weeding those folks out.
    big"E" as I said we are probably all looking for the same thing out our govt but we need to work together on it rather than calling names and pointing fingers. As a republican, I'm certainly not gloating over GW's win. I would be gloating if he had won with 60 or 70% of the popular vote. Then I would feel comfortable that most of America was on the same page a working towards an even better America.

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default My opinion

I'm glad our flag didn't go in the closet when we invaded Germany, North Korea, North Vietnam and others. I was in one of those wars and I don't think any of those countries hit us first. I hope we don't see the enemy on our shores before we decide to protect ourselves.

I worked in Saudi Arabia setting up the communications for the Saudi Air Force in 1980 and they are suppose to be our allies. Personally, I wouldn't put anthing past them. I wouldn't sell the Muslims short when it comes to bombing anyone anywhere. They have only that kind of thing to entertain them.

As for the war,our son-in-law goes back for his second tour in Jan. His first tour lasted 16 months. He voted for Bush....HUUUUUUUUMMMMM!

And John Kerry; why wouldn't he make his war record public.? Is it a smoking gun? No pun intented. I do remember FDR, HST,JFK, & LBJ. How many died in the wars they were involved in? I don't think these wars were handed down to them.

And the worst, I was personally involved in the Bay of Pigs rescue when JFK had the Jets ready to go in Meridian, MS & Corpus Christi, TX. When the invasion, if you can call it that, started JFK called off the support. You can only imagine what the boys looked like that we picked up.

This is just my opinion and certainly not meant to step on anyone's toes.

And like John Kerry said, we all wake up Americans and my Flag is still in view.
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Default truce.

Probably 90% of American's all want the same thing, a good quality of life, a good education and future for our children, security from terrorists, good health care, the list goes on and on. And I don't doubt for a bit any president of any party wishes that he can accomplish it. Each party has their own thoughts on how to accomplish those goals, that's where the big differences come into play. My thought's on the war are this, like it or not, at some point in time, one of those countries over there was going to get the WMD and use them. If we can stop that from happening now, it could save literally millions of lives. Hitler was a nobody and Europe ignored him till it was too late. WW11 could have probably been avoided if Europe had the guts to confront him. Saddam defied the UN for 12 or more years, oil for food money going in his pocket, not allowing weapon inspectors etc. The UN failed, not GW. Alot of European countries had a financial stake in Iraq once sanctions were lifted. They were looking out for their own big businesses rather than stability in the region. These are reasons I back Bush on his war in Iraq. Did he, intelligence, commanders and others possibly make mistakes, of course. There's lots of Monday morning quarterbacking on what should have been done and when, and how this could have been prevented. That ain't how things happen in real time though, mistakes happen and you have to keep the final goal in mind.
    As far as domestic problems, we can argue till we are blue in the face. You could say the worker deserves more money, I'd argue that you have to invest in business so they can build and make higher wages possible. I think one should be able to opt out of S.S. and invest their own money, trouble is most working stiffs with a few kids probably wouldn't invest that money cause they are scraping by as is. I'm sure you probably know of or heard of more than one individual who's collecting SS disability who are able to work, or are drunks or drug addicts. The system could probably save a forture weeding those folks out.
    big"E" as I said we are probably all looking for the same thing out our govt but we need to work together on it rather than calling names and pointing fingers. As a republican, I'm certainly not gloating over GW's win. I would be gloating if he had won with 60 or 70% of the popular vote. Then I would feel comfortable that most of America was on the same page a working towards an even better America.
    Sometime you just have to agree to disagree You are right , a LOT of people live off of the system , and a lot are doing so at yours and my expense when they could be making their own way.I do though really wish they would hunt down the man responsible for the attacks and stop pandering to the saudis.But you cant always get what you want right?I'm going back to talking about fishing now , maybe we can wet a line one day. :D E.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast