Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Life jackets on kids needs to be mandatory.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Life jackets on kids needs to be mandatory.

Put Coast Gaurd approved life jackets on your kids not the blow up arm things or a ring around their waist that can slip off over their head. Yes watched a boat go out on the swollen Missouri River with trees and stuff flowing that had a little girl in it with only blow up rings around her arms. They were that close that we could see very well. Can't fix stupidity. Yes I am very adamant about this problem.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

It is mandatory. If they were caught they would be fined and should be. Not sure what the fine is but it should high dollar. For any one not putting their kids in proper life vest the fine should be high to prevent it in the future. I feel the same way about seatbelts for kids in cars and trucks. The fines are not near high enough to make parents make sure they are buckled up every time they leave the driveway. I hate it when I drive across town and see young kids climbing from the front seat to the back or riding on a parents lap behind the wheel or in the pasenger seat on someones lap. Not much we can do but cringe and say a little prayer that they make it where they are going safely. Stiffer fines I feel would help reduce this.

Post Thanks / Like

x2 well said

Post Thanks / Like

I think they need to be mandatory for everyone while the boat is powered by the gas motor . I had an experience while idling through timber yesterday when a submerged tree that moved upwards , lifted the boat up and tilted it to the side , nearly capsizing us . I see guys going through this same area WFO in bass boats on Smithville.

Post Thanks / Like

Seen 3 people in a boat Friday ,one guy riding high on the front seat,wide open over the top of nothing but trees if the lake was lower,just lucky for them the lake is high.I was cringeing as far as I could see them.Thought I was going to see someone flip out of the boat when they hit something.I guess GOD takes care of stupid critters too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiedave55 View Post
    Seen 3 people in a boat Friday ,one guy riding high on the front seat,wide open over the top of nothing but trees if the lake was lower,just lucky for them the lake is high.I was cringeing as far as I could see them.Thought I was going to see someone flip out of the boat when they hit something.I guess GOD takes care of stupid critters too.
    That's the worst, most helpless feeling in the world watching someone who obviously doesn't know where they're going just knowing they could hit something at anytime.

Wish I never saw another kid in the boat without a life jacket, like to just slap their parents around a little. Might knock a little sense into them. My daughter complains from the moment hers goes on until she's out of the boat, up the ramp and at the truck when she takes it off. I don't really care, I'd rather hear her complain than have to bury her because of my stupidity.

Post Thanks / Like

x2
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Always shoot for the moon, if you miss you'll still be among the stars.

Post Thanks / Like

here are two stories from ark this holiday. there's more people on the water during holidays and it seems to never fail several drown. i'm assuming all these are adults. in ark the law is 12 and under have to wear them.

FLOYD, Ark. (AP) - White County authorities say they're searching for two men who have been reported missing after a fishing trip on Lake Barnett.

Sheriff's Cpl. Steve Hernandez tells television station KLRT a friend loaned a boat to the two unidentified men but that the pair have been missing since Saturday. The boat thought to be the one used by the two men has been found at the lake.

White County dive teams and responders from the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission are searching for the men

Video Gallery
    Man Missing After Boat Overturns
    1:14
    Most Popular StoriesPolice: 10-year-old driving when car hit by trainSeveral guns stolen from Region 8 homeTrumann couple spends weekend in Memphis... in jailNames released of 31 dead from Joplin tornadoSt. Louis woman arrested after son's body foundSmall earthquake in northeast ArkansasPreliminary EF-1 rating assigned to Arkansas tornadoVan overturns blocking traffic on Highland DrivePolice investigating shooting death of Ark. manAunt: Teen missing after graduation has diedTop News This HourArkansas Top News This HourMissouri Top News This HourTennessee Top News This HourCLAY COUNTY, AR (KAIT)- Search is underway for one person after a boat overturns on the St. Francis River Sunday morning.

According to the Clay County Sheriff's Department, the boat overturned at about 6:30 Sunday morning. It happened on the St. Francis River, just east of Piggott on Highway 1.

Officials say that three other people in that boat have been found alive, but the search continues for one more person.

Region 8 News will continue to track this story and update with any new information.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the law in missouri was 13 and under.My grandson gripes to but i love to hear it.

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't for sure if it was a law or not here. On the other side we did see a boat with 2 boys in it that did have their life vests on. Kudos to those parents.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast