For anyone that does not know the story, there has been a young boy missing since Tuesday night when the home he was in was struck and destroyed by a tornado. His mother and a sibling are hospitalized with injuries and another sibling died from the same event. This in a community near OKC.
I'm standing in line at the grocery store this morning waiting to check out as are other customers in lines at each side of me. The customer service counter ahead of me was also occupied with staff and customers.
Suddenly a jubilant sounding voice states "that found the little boy", I look his way as do others and in unison I hear one person say "alive?" while the other "he's okay!" then the dude answers "no found his body in the lake".
Maybe this is one of those situations you have to witness to appreciate but to me it was the sickest, rudest, most in-compassionate scene I can remember being a part of ever.
In the time it took me to pay for my items and leave the place was still silent, I think everybody was in a sort of shock as I was. Damn that guy!