PDA

View Full Version : MinnKota Q&A

c.a.mag
05-25-2011, 09:20 PM
We're going to have a MinnKota expert answer some questions about MinnKota's new i-pilot in the next issue of Crappie Angler magazine. We'd just like to get an idea of what kind of information you'd like to hear about.

Cane Pole
05-25-2011, 09:28 PM
When they gonna put a sd card slot in it so I can program a track without having to go to the lake and record it? Why waste gas and time?

satdoc1
05-26-2011, 06:35 AM
Are they ever gonna have it where they can connect it to a HB unit to use it for guidance

Kman
05-26-2011, 11:12 AM
Wow. Thought it had both those features already. Whats the point with out that?

satdoc1
05-26-2011, 11:23 AM
Wow. Thought it had both those features already. Whats the point with out that?

No on both of the questions. It doesnt!

Tracker123
05-26-2011, 12:24 PM
Easier ways to deploy and stow. A hassle for me.

feelay
05-26-2011, 12:41 PM
I too would like to see it interlinked with a FF/GPS unit. Would be cool if you could enter cordinates and have it do its thing.

Cane Pole
05-26-2011, 12:51 PM
It already has it's own gps, so why would another GPS input be of use? Seems to me it just needs direction from memory (sd).

OkieDon
05-26-2011, 12:59 PM
Yeah, I have a question. Why does it take over a year to get a replacement remote? I've been trying since April of last year to get a replacement for the remote that went bad with my Terrova and all the ASC can say is "it's still backordered". When I called Minn Kota trying to get one from them (three times), all they said was that I'd have to go through the ASC. Really?

feelay
05-26-2011, 02:55 PM
Yeah, I have a question. Why does it take over a year to get a replacement remote? I've been trying since April of last year to get a replacement for the remote that went bad with my Terrova and all the ASC can say is "it's still backordered". When I called Minn Kota trying to get one from them (three times), all they said was that I'd have to go through the ASC. Really?

You must be doing something wrong. My remote broke a couple weeks ago. I called MK and had a new one in three days. I put the old one in the box with a return label and sent it back. No cost to me, and no questions asked.

talltimber
05-26-2011, 03:53 PM
If it was interlinked, the TM wouldn't have to have a gps unit. But if you didn't have a gps unit up front (or the one you used while fishing, wherever it was) then it would be good to have a card on the TM. I think to be very handy though, you'd need a way to mark spots on the TM which would put them on the card. I think it would be more useful to have the TM interlinked, whether it had it's own gps or not, so you could use your ff in a "go-to" situation. Ok, now I"m just getting lazy...LOL

FisherHawk
05-26-2011, 09:46 PM
I agree with the interlink between sonar and TM. I am about ready to pull the trigger on an Ipilot upgrade and I just know my luck this feature will come out 6 months after I make my move. So my question is this interlink technology going to happen, if so any estimate on when it will be available to the public?

ATM
05-26-2011, 09:57 PM
I agree with the interlink between sonar and TM. I am about ready to pull the trigger on an Ipilot upgrade and I just know my luck this feature will come out 6 months after I make my move. So my question is this interlink technology going to happen, if so any estimate on when it will be available to the public?

As much as we are paying for these Terrova iPilot trolling motors I would really like to think any new features would be able to be purchased as an upgrade to be added to the one we have.

luvin.fishin
05-28-2011, 02:29 PM
On the MinnKota electric steer motors, the motor assembly hangs out over the bow of the boat by necessity. I think MK should incorporate an integral slide base so that, when slid back in the storage position, the boat will launch without danger of contacting the bow roller on the trailer. I've added one to my Terrova but it makes sense to have it "built in" during factory fabrication and actuated by deployment and storage of the motor. Just my $.02