Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Braved the wind and chill today

Post Thanks / Like

Default Braved the wind and chill today

It might have been 65, but it felt cooler than that.

Caught a few bluegill on some small spinners i had going out at Offutt Lake today. Spotted three shortnose gar as well, glad they didn't bit. Lots of small rock bass out at the lake, levels have gone up a good 8 -10" since the last time i was out there a few weeks ago. Why is it that Offutt Lake rises when it rains, but Walnut Creek seems to lose water when it rains?

I went out today to work on my casting and retrieve into the wind. Figures i had more luck after a cold front pulled through than before.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got some line time! Tomorrow is supposed to be a real nice day. I hope to slip off to the lake for a couple of hours, myself.
    I hate this weather pattern we've been having!
    I love HIM because HE first loved me.

Post Thanks / Like

Part 2:
    Went back out to Offutt Lake again this morning around 7am before my dental appt. Decided to follow the solunar calendar today for the first time. Lake was really quiet, possibly from the morning high clouds. Started off on the west bank with my smallest crankbait to test the waters, after a few throws bass starting jumping, but not biting. Finally after 30 min and the sun was out in full force, I got my first hit on the largest mignon xrap I had that looked like a rock bass. Landed 3 decent size smallmouths before it was time to pack up and go to the dentist. None to soon, wind picked up slightly and the bass stopped jumping.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got some lake time! I got out for a while this morning myself. I posted a thread about it.
    Hope the weather holds out!
    I love HIM because HE first loved me.

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't look like it, another week of unstable weather looks to dominate for the next 7 days. Planned another trip Saturday, but since there is a 60% chance of showers and storms, i think i will hold off yet again.

I really do hope we get a break, lakes are looking quite swelled with water and the mizzo river is on the rise. My favorite spot to fish the river is flooded, and they are talking about the dumping more water from the dam up north increasing the river another 3 - 4 feet from Omaha south.

I found out today that the spoons i have are trolling spoons and don't really work unless they are retrieved very slowly. Since i don't have a boat, im more than likely going to give them away to someone i know that likes to troll spoons or something. Guess it works out the weather will be stormy until Wednesday, i need to pickup some jigs, reasonable spoons and swimbait when i get paid again next week.
    Last edited by ChrisCarter; 05-26-2011 at 09:40 PM.