Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Want to hear opinions

Post Thanks / Like

Default Want to hear opinions

Here is the story you tell me your opinions.

Your out fishing with a buddy (from the bank) and you throw out a catfish line and walk away to do so casting in another hole not far away. While you are over there your rod nearly goes into the water because what later is found out to be a 22lb carp hit it and ran. Your buddy brings the fish in and lands it. Who would you give credit to for catching the fish.

I had a fishing buddy tell me it was his because he baited, threw the line out and owned the rod. Others have said that the person who spent 20 mins landing it (me) should take credit for it.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion the fish wasn't caught until someone reeled it in. So they are the one that caught the fish.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

If you had to help land the fish..both get credit... if not then who ever was holding the rod

Post Thanks / Like

Naw man you should never touch another mans rod... If he got up outta bed to take a leak would ya jump in the sack with his old lady? But then again he's not too bright to walk away from a baited catfish rig... So, congrats on the catch ScottyG and maybe you taught him a lesson... Sounds like if it wont for you he'd have went home one rod short.
    "Kids who hunt and fish dont steal and deal"

2012 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2012 Buggs Bash Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Kinda like me tien a flounder rig,taking my buddy fishing attaching the rig to my rod,going to my spot.baiting the hook and trolling over a 10 pounder and my buddy winds it up,but its his fish just the way it is.Hey Perc depends on what she looks like.NAW I dint mean it

Post Thanks / Like

Good catch for you!!! Tell your buddy to quit crying.

Post Thanks / Like

He said to me later "I have caught a fish that big" and my response was "you still haven't". I felt bad after I said that because all 5 people at the spot in which we were fishing then started giving him a hard time. Jokingly of course.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Percidae_Papermouth View Post
    Naw man you should never touch another mans rod... If he got up outta bed to take a leak would ya jump in the sack with his old lady? But then again he's not too bright to walk away from a baited catfish rig... So, congrats on the catch ScottyG and maybe you taught him a lesson... Sounds like if it wont for you he'd have went home one rod short.
    He threw out right next to my rod. The rod fell into my hand. I honestly think it was one of the first times he had ever been catfishing, because he was walking away from the thing the whole day. Never learned his lesson.

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty silly to say he "caught" the fish.

If you were hunting out of the same stand and he picked the location, picked the rifle, saw a deer walk into the field and then left the stand to go pee while you shot it would you say that he shot the deer?

If you were playing golf and he picked out the club, set the ball on the tee, and then walked away while you hit, would you say he hit the shot?

You physically reeled it in. You caught the fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Just think most of these people have the right to vote,LOL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast