Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: another trolling motor question

ray Guest

Unhappy another trolling motor question

need new TM - question- minnkota auto pilot, which control system? long cord or the cordless unit, either the wrist strap? hand held? if cordless?:rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

It comes with the foot control, but do yourself a favor and get the Co Pilot addon module, you will LOVE it. Keep the foot control on the boat in a waterproof bag and a backup.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree....get the copilot too. Love mine. Billy

Post Thanks / Like

with the co pilot is the speed adjustable or just 3 settings?
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Post Thanks / Like

DI,

My co-pilot has 10 settings. Jigsatwitchin'..................cd
    YOU ARE EITHER PART OF THE PROBLEM....OR PART OF THE SOLUTION!! CHOOSE YOUR SIDE!

Post Thanks / Like

Save your money,Id recommend the Power drive with a co-pilot over the Autopilot.I my opinion the autopilot feature isnt worth the extra money.The C-pilot on the other hand is an awesome add on feature.Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by prchjerker
    Save your money,Id recommend the Power drive with a co-pilot over the Autopilot.I my opinion the autopilot feature isnt worth the extra money.The C-pilot on the other hand is an awesome add on
    feature.Good luck.
    Why do you think the auto pilot is not worth the extra $$?
    I know I love mine. And if and when i need a new Trolling motor it will have again. Would not have the trolling motor with out it.
    I can sit it and fish.
    Point it toward a spot and go..
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

It basically takes a compass heading.Its not like you can use it to follow a contour or anything using it.If you trolling a flat its not that much of help over a power drive.Like I said IMO I wouldnt choose to spend the extra money on it, Id spend it on the copilot.Im glad youre happy with yours.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by prchjerker
    It basically takes a compass heading.Its not like you can use it to follow a contour or anything using it.If you trolling a flat its not that much of help over a power drive.Like I said IMO I wouldnt choose to spend the extra money on it, Id spend it on the copilot.Im glad youre happy with yours.

Now there is where your bad wrong. Try to fish in Wind or current. And its well worth it.
    I know its does not follow the contours. but I have a buddy that has the Motor guide and it will not do that. And its made for it.
    'I use mine in current all the time. Set the speed and point it. And the trolling motor slows the boat and keeps it heading right. If the wind blows your motor off course. You have to keep up with it.
    But with the auto pilot it does that for you.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Default Auto-Pilot

I have to agree with Shilo. The AP is the best acquisition I've made for a boat. With wife, daughter, and 2 grandkids I just point out a landmark and go. With the remote control foot all you need to do is adjust what landmar and it readjusts its heading. It really is tops below the dams when you are drift fishing and not having correct the boat all the time. More time to feel the bottom and not getting hung while correcting the boat direction.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast