Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hey Moose - Check out the 10-day forecast for Paris, TN

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Moose - Check out the 10-day forecast for Paris, TN

Here's the link for Paris, TN weather including the 10-day forecast.

Paris, TN Weather

Looks like my kind of weather! Dont' worry about a few sprinkles, you won't melt!
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Grief!!!!!!!!

Thanks for that link to the Weather Report at Paris TN. It will come in handy.

I was thinking that it was going to be cold so I went out today and purchased a pair of overalls with Thinsulate Ultra Insulation in them. I wore them today and stayed nice and warm even in the wind with 40 deg air temps. Winds were out of the North today at about 15mph.

I went to Dick's Sporting Goods Store today and got them. I spent all afternoon yesterday trying to decide what to get. I looked at some 4in1 parkas from Browning that sold for a lot more than I wanted to pay. LOL But they were both waterproof and had fiber insulation called Thermolite. I was not sure if I liked them and then saw the 10X Coveralls that had pure 3M Tinsulate Ultra insulation in them and decided that I could fish in the cold and would have to stay off the lake if it rains. LOL Seems like I went 180 deg in the wrong drection for Nov 13th. Maybe I can get a XXXXXXL pair of Frog Togs that I can wear over the coveralls and that will make them waterproof.

But I am planning on being there and staying WARM. I bought some Wolverine 800 gram Thinsulate with Goretex lining to keep my feet warm this winter. I don't plan on sitting by the fireplace all winter long this year. I am hoping to fish even in Jan if I can stay warm enough while out on the lake. Surely there will be some days that the winds are calm and I think I can handle that once in a while.

Anyone else out there wearing the 10X Advantage Timber Thinsulate Coveralls?

Maybe I can spray some Scotch Guard on them to make them Waterproof.

Dicks didn't really have what I wanted but at least the things that they did have I could try on for size. It's a good thing because the Browning Bibs were a little on the small size for me and they were XL. They didn't have any XXL big and the XXL jacket they had yesterday was gone today.

Looks like the weather will be nice and warm it the weather forcast holds up. I normally don't pay much attention to those long range forcasts as they can be off. Fronts don't always move as predicted so I wait for the day before to see what the weather will be line. But I should be on the Road on Friday or Thursday. I think that Cane Pole will be working on Thursday so I won't be able to fish Thursday or Friday morning. I may fish some on Friday later afternoon if I get there in time. Still don't know what Cane Poles schedule is like for that weekend so I will have to wait and see. If I had more money I would come down on Wed and spend a few nights at Mansard Island and fish Sulfur Creek and the area on the main lake by that Creek to see if I can find Richard's secrete Brush piles. .

If I was really wanting to take this trip serioulsy and I had more money I would have the Guidewear bibs and jacket that I really wanted and I would buy the map of Big Sandy North from Kentucy Hydrografx and see where all the brush piles are located. I could easily get the GPS coordiantes from those maps. I would have to get a registered copy of OziExplorer to get a more accurate calibration of the maps though. I don't know if a two point calibration would work very well.

Last year we work coveralls in the morning and when I went to the dock to see what was cooking I noticed that almost everyone was wearing bibs or coveralls that were insulated and camoflaug.

Now I have to check to see if my life vest will fit over the top of my Coveralls. LOL I know one thing and that is if I were to fall in the lake I know that I could not swim with those boots on and those coveralls on. I would sink like a lead ballon. Does thinsulate float?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Blake
    Here's the link for Paris, TN weather including the 10-day forecast.

Paris, TN Weather

Looks like my kind of weather! Dont' worry about a few sprinkles, you won't melt!
    Last edited by Moose1am; 11-03-2004 at 11:31 PM.
    Regards,

Moose1am