Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: You guys are great

Catfish Hunter Guest

Default You guys are great

Guys I would like to thank you for all of your knowledge and help. This is my first post but I have been sudying the sight for six months or so, and have built and sunk over 30 beds and created a bucket bed grid for spawning with about 50 or so buckets.

The only time I caught crappie is with one of you guys that says fish here. I have never gone out and tageted crappie on my own and caught a mess so this spring will tell the tale. Also I do a lot of fifhing on the Kaskaskia river below Carlyle lake, this section has no oxbows, no real creeks to go in, no sloughs, when I fish for cats I target log jams and the such, my question for you wise cappie men is do I target the same log jams to catch crappie in rivers? any advice for long poling, or any success you know of would be great.

I look forward to posting my first crappie photos this spring, if this doesn't work I will just figure you all as crazy.

Thanks for all the help, and great site

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Catfish Hunter ... yeah, we crazy

"like a fox"

targeting Crappie in a river environment means looking for anything that blocks current. Bridge pilons, stumps, downed trees, wing dams, duck blinds, and even eddy water areas can hold Crappie. They will be in the lee of the cover ... in the slack water/eddy water produced by the cover slowing the current. And any creek or offshoot of the river, that has a couple of feet of water, could be worth a look. Those "logjams" are certainly worth dropping a jig around. ........ luck2ya ....... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Indiana and good luck this year!!!!
    "May Your Fishing Dreams Come True"

Fish Detective

Post Thanks / Like

Default I have seen

I have seen where everyday at noon about 15 cats would come rolling in on a huge bed of gills. So they go where the food is. Its very worth a try, I do believe that normally they like to stay deeper.
    "Some days im Basstastic other days im crapptacular"