Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Mississippi pictures with Reports Sardis, Grenada, Enid

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Mississippi pictures with Reports Sardis, Grenada, Enid

OK here is a small Mississippi report.

Grenada:

We literally couldn't get the boat in the water. (Keep in mind we're in a 28' Motor Coach) They are hurting for rain in Grenada! People at the local bait shop (Collins Bait) were very friendly and politely told us to drive to Enid or Sardis. They hadn't done very good in the past few days, and none of the boat ramps were accessible. However, Collins Bait did have Dr. Pepper in a glass bottle, which is a rarity in Kentucky. (needless to say I bought 12 of them!)

Enid:

OK, finally the fishing picks up. Quoting my Dad, "We wore their ***es out in Enid" We were in Enid for 3 days, and because of wind/weather we could only fish 1 day. However, we caught 50 fish. There is very little water at Enid too, but we were able to get the boat in the water.

Results

Sardis:

OK no water, couldn't launch boat, and we didn't even stop to say hi. We wen't back home. Mississippi needs rain bad!
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 03-21-2006 at 03:45 PM. Reason: language
    "Dats.........uhh......NO-ICE.........FUSH!"

-Al Linder

Post Thanks / Like

You couldn't launch at the marina in Grenada??

Post Thanks / Like

Was you down here last week. If so what day was you on Enid. I think I saw you that day if you put in at Wallace. I have been doing pretty good at Enid the past couple of weeks. Did you catch mostly males out of the 50. Thats what I have been catching mostly. I have caught most of mine on certain brush tops. Not all hold fish seems that the ones in the 6ft range hold more fish.

Spawner

Post Thanks / Like

Default finely plenty of rain in Louisiana

waylanh I now what you mean by shortage of rain for 05 we were down 18" or better. But in 06 we have ben getting plenty around Bossier City La. the lakes are not being shut down for the like of rain they are being shut down for to much rain we just got over 7" this week end . Hope yall get some of it.

mikeg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pstone
    You couldn't launch at the marina in Grenada??

Like I said, not with a 28" Motor Home.

-Al Linder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spawner
    Was you down here last week. If so what day was you on Enid. I think I saw you that day if you put in at Wallace. I have been doing pretty good at Enid the past couple of weeks. Did you catch mostly males out of the 50. Thats what I have been catching mostly. I have caught most of mine on certain brush tops. Not all hold fish seems that the ones in the 6ft range hold more fish.

Spawner

Yes sir, we were at Wallace. Most of ours were males yes, but there were a few "FAT" females. They were full of eggs when we cleaned them too!

-Al Linder

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Waylonh...Nice catch..You trying to taste that crappie before you cook it? LMBO!!!!