Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hey Fatboy - No More Numbers!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Fatboy - No More Numbers!

Going to try the Color Code method for helping my clients grab the right pole to set the hook when ole mister papermouth pulls a float under.

I painted the floats (except for the bright orange top), about 6-inches of the ends of the rods and the section between the handles over the reel seats the same color - different colors for each pole.

Now instead of calling out a number I'll be saying, "Red is getting nudged, Blue looks like it's hung in the brush or YELLOW IS THREE FEET UNDER, GET'IM, GET'EM, GET'IM!!!"

I also have green, white and black - didn't want to use orange because that's the color left showing on the floats. I just hope I don't have too many color-blind clients or we'll really get confused.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a good idea Jerry because i was having trouble remembering how to count.
    Talked to Canepole today. He called here this afternoon and we are planning on hooking up around 5 or so next Friday. He said we would take a boat ride over to Paris Landing. I will have my cell with me and will give you a call as we get close to it so i don't miss a ride. Take care.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Fatboy:

That's been the problem with my number system - takes too long for some folks fo figure out which pole is which. When I have 4 or more people everyone usually just has one pole and if I can remember everyone's name it works ok.

But then the bite slows and I'll put in the ole "community poles" and we start missing fish when they do bite because people grab the wrong pole.

If I just have two or three people then everyone has two poles to watch and it can get a bit hectic when two or more go down at the same time.

It would help a lot if ole papermouth would bite when people are watching their floats but no, they have to bite when someone glances away for a second. Good thing they don't know that I'm watching all the floats from the front of the boat!

Where are you going to need a ride from/too? Are you going to come to Mansard Island and ride with us to Paris Landing for dinner?
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jerry,
    Call my cell phone when you get down here. If a big crappie answers, get the gps track on the phone. I dropped it off the boat today in 26 feet of water. If you can find it, you will catch some good 1.75 pound slabs, LOL
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

1weezer...better cancel service or the carp will be running up your overseas billing....LOL. Did the same thing several years ago. Wonder if ringing you up on cell phone would work like the old crank phone and shock the fish to the top....LOL.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

The last time me and seeker got together was at Tims Ford Lake and he showed me a few of his honey holes. At one spot we were fishing up river, i said oh great there is the game warden. Not that i have anything to hide, but that is my usual response. I recognized them because they have about a 22 or 24 foot pontoon that is a flat deck with just a rail. This is the boat that they use to shock fish with. I saw them back in the spring on Woods Reservoir and got a close up look at it. Pretty nifty set-up they have. I would love to be onboard when they use that thing and see what comes floating up

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1weezer
    Hey Jerry,
    Call my cell phone when you get down here. If a big crappie answers, get the gps track on the phone. I dropped it off the boat today in 26 feet of water. If you can find it, you will catch some good 1.75 pound slabs, LOL
    Hey Richard:

Sorry to hear you lost your phone. Did you get another one yet? Are you going to have the same number?

A friend of mine dropped his cell phone in the minnow tank last week but he snatched it out right away, took the battery off, shook out as much water as he could and by the time we came in it was working - not sure if it still is or not though, tried to call him yesterday and didn't get and answer.

Are they crappie still cooperating? We kept 29 today, one was 15.25-inches long and most were between 13 and 14-inches. I have two trips tomorrow - hope the wind lets up - it was strong today out of the NW.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com