Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ambassadeur 5000 Reels

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ambassadeur 5000 Reels

If you have one of the original Abu-Garcia 5000's and want to sell it, let me know. I've been wanting to find a real nice one to give to my grandson for his birthday. If you still have the leather case, that would be great.:D
    AMERICANS: Willing to cross a frozen river to kill you, in your sleep, on Christmas, totally not kidding, we've done it.

Post Thanks / Like

I have one stored at the bottom of the lake over by Standing Rock, it's finders keepers.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that's pretty cool Stink. Are you wanting to give it to him from a Collectors standpoint or just because old ABU's are cool? I had an original ABU 5500 Striper that I bought when I was a teenager up to a few years ago when it "walked off". I shouldn't have even been using it but it was a smooth reel.

Anyway, the new ones are just as good, if not better, than the original ones. But I like the old ones because the look cool IMHO, especially those old silver ones or the green ones!

Oh, you might also try ebay. Lots of old ones on there!

Vintage ABU 5000 Reels on Ebay

This looks like what you're after - ABU 5000 with box

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys for the info and answers. I'll take a peek at Ebay occasionally to see what comes up, but from what I've seen so far, those really nice vintage reels are too expensive for this ol poor boy.
    AMERICANS: Willing to cross a frozen river to kill you, in your sleep, on Christmas, totally not kidding, we've done it.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a newer 5600 that is smooth, just the pin that releases the spool so you can cast always slides out of place. Doesn't take 5 minutes to put it back in place but it is a pita cause it happens so often.
    Sinner by birth...Saved by the Grace of GOD!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stew6371 View Post
    I have a newer 5600 that is smooth, just the pin that releases the spool so you can cast always slides out of place. Doesn't take 5 minutes to put it back in place but it is a pita cause it happens so often.

That's gotta be aggravating!

Post Thanks / Like

Stink, check out bass boat central on the BBC boards i see them on there pretty often i wouldn't worry about purchasing from any of them on the board i buy, sell,and trade on there everyday thay are all standup guys in my book

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappie crazy View Post
    Stink, check out bass boat central on the BBC boards i see them on there pretty often i wouldn't worry about purchasing from any of them on the board i buy, sell,and trade on there everyday thay are all standup guys in my book
    Thanks, I'll take a look.

Ranger09 is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Jim found 1 on craigslist give him a call no name just a nunber..918-779-9676 $50.00
    Mark McGuire 918-441-1453
    Guiding on Eufaula, Tenkiller, and Ft Gibson
    Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Fle Fly Outdoor Brandz Pro Staff & VIP Team Cordinator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger09 View Post
    Jim found 1 on craigslist give him a call no name just a nunber..918-779-9676 $50.00
    Ok Ranger, thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast