Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Walkers Bay Dinghies?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Walkers Bay Dinghies?

Has anyone tried or used a Walkers Bay Dinghy particularly the 8 ft model for fishing before? I thought of getting rid of my yaks and having something for quick trips to the local DNR lakes or the cove of the big lake behind my friend's folks' lake house.
    Oh I could wrestle a monster fish

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what you would gain over a kayak. Kayak is easier to transport and faster on the water. However the pram would work.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to have the 10 foot version before they added the extra floor. I put a trolling motor on it and would fish with my neighbor out of it. Best to get a trailer for it if you really want to use it a lot.

Pros: Very stable, we could stand up to fish. Pretty heavy duty. The wheels on the end actually do work.
    Cons: Heavy, esp. with the trolling motor and battery. At ramp, incoming waves can swamp the stern if the bow is up on the ramp (this was on the Potomac).

Overall: You could likely find an aluminum V-hull in close to the same price and weight, which would probably last longer. Otherwise, it is a great boat that now costs more than it should.