Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: fishing in Y-SLABS neck of the woods.....

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up fishing in Y-SLABS neck of the woods.....

took Jr out today for what was supposed to be a few hours (1st time he got to go in the new to us boat)......but we was having so much fun turned into most of the day....started out cathing alot of dinks...made an adjustment and found better fish....didnt catch anything huge, but we caught alot of 11in fish, had 2 a little over 12, pitched em all back with sore lips....action was very fast paced once we found the pattern....Jr had a ball.......as luck would have it we were taking out the same time the bass tourney was :rolleyes:....so we watched a few of em weigh in their green carp....was a fun day....first time on that lake in a very very long time......wont be last.....

Jr and one of the many doubles of the day
    Name:  5-21-11(2).jpg
Views: 329
Size:  35.6 KB
    I think this same 11in fish followed the boat all day......clones of her most of the day once we found the better ones
    Name:  5-21-11(3).jpg
Views: 248
Size:  41.9 KB
    Last edited by jeepguyjames; 05-21-2011 at 06:46 PM.

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch, much better luck then I have had there. But most important he looks happy. We came out for the weigh in and I was surprised at the number of larger boats fishing the electric bass circuit. Do you mind me asking what and where the hot combination was today?

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Fish James. it's nice to see Pictures from one of my Favorite lakes I fished in my youth up in Buckeye Land. And even better to know some of My Info payed off for ya. That Lake is loaded with specks. Good Job... looks like Jr will be bugging you to go back soon.
    BATES FIELD & STREAM PRO STAFF, MAYFLOWER AR
    CRAPPIEHOLIC APPERAL PRO STAFF
    If Your Big Crappie Star Bound, Let Me Warn You It's a Long Hard Ride. CP

Post Thanks / Like

Default Glad East Fork

is open back up. Been runnin in to all you boys over here Spotted ZZTOP AND BROTHER fri. a.m. I think I saw you James last week???(wed?) I try not to fish on the weekends, place is getting pounded, as it's the only fishable lake around

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Y-SLABS View Post
    place is getting pounded, as it's the only fishable lake around
    That's very true of the very few lakes that are actually open to boaters this year. The pressre at Cowan is high and I'll bet Acton is taking a beating too. Now that the lakes are setteling down I'm sure the pressure on these few laskes will ease.

Good job James and Luke, good to see you guys back on them again.Hands Clapping

Post Thanks / Like

@dhacker....we wasnt at action/hueston woods, we was at rocky fork

@crappiepro......yep the areas you said still hold fish, thanks again.....although the mehods we used were a little different.....

@Y-slabs....I might become a regular out there, I like that lake alot & its really no further than cowan, CC, or tanners/hogans for me...my son wants to try and bass fish it some time.....I made him wash his mouth out w/soap when he suggesed it......

@ C-max....you should have seen him drive the boat...

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13