Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5/21 CDC One Pole Crappie Challenge results

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 5/21 CDC One Pole Crappie Challenge results

18 teams with 3 being adult/youth teams. I made a little grab bag of goodies for them. We paid 4 places and 2 places for big fish. Had lots of members and other people come watch the weigh in. It was a great time and the weather turned out nice. Everyone seemed to catch them a differant way. There were reports of over 100 fish in some boats. Some fished from 1-6 ft of water and others 6-12 ft and others caught them every depth they fished. Blk/Pink and Blk/Chart were the most talked about colors. Most were fishing the bottom and just bringing it up a little ways to get hit. Others were fishing 10-12 ft down in the deeper water. A few boats fished the Osage but most stayed in the grand arm. Nice fish caught in both arms. They reported that the Osage was getting pretty muddy. Most teams said the fish really turned on when the sun came out late morning and that is when the better fish started biting also. If you missed this one we hope to see you at the next one. We will be having a fish fry after the weigh in. Results below.

1st. Rogers/Rogers. 8.85 lbs. $235
    2nd. Hockett/Hockett. 8.39 lbs. Adult/youth team $135
    3rd. Billings/Billings. 8.20 lbs. Adult/youth team $50
    4th. Wilson/Wilson. 8.19 lbs. $30

1st big fish. Pitts/Vallentine. 1.74 lbs. $60
    2nd big fish. Goodman/Goodman. 1.67 lbs. $30

Post Thanks / Like

You did a great job Quinton loved his grab bag turned out to be a nice day. With Roger boys /Pitts/ Vallentine/Mcgee and Engelharts some of the best on Truman tournment fisherman.

Post Thanks / Like

sound's like a heck of a day for all!!! congrat's to all the winner's! sound's like lot's of fish were caught! truman is the place to be this year sound's like!
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jiggin15 and Ranger 397v for putting this on, not sure where we placed, somewhere between 1st and last........ think we put it on old matt again (our target)....... good time great weather all day........with the overcast sky starting out this am, we were fishing to deep to start with, shallowed up to 5-6' and starting catching some nice ones in 10-12 fow......... blue/white with a orange head jig.......we worked every tree we could find, hardwoods,hedge, no cedars where we were or we would have worked them also, thanks buckwheat for puttin up with me today......... like they say, maybe next time..........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I was tying to guess how many wins and top 10's in the Crappie Masters the teams that fished today had added together. A bunch is what I came up with. Some of the best fisherman in the state and the country for that matter fished in this little CDC tournament. I even got an autograph from Charlie Rogers. He was in the last Crappie World magazine so I had him autograph one of his pictures that was in it. Great guy and great fisherman. Sure was a lot of fun even though I did not get to fish. Hope everyone had fun and comes back for our other tournaments. Brent glad your boy liked the goodie bag. Was kind of last minute but I always like to give something to the kids to make sure they hav fun and want to come back. Two of the three youth teams cashed checks in this one. That has to be great for them.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to the winners! Good weights, and close competition just like you like it.
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jigging15 and Ranger397v for putting the tournament, had a blast. Hope to see a bigger turnout next time, very inexpensive way to learn Truman Lake.
    Kevin Rogers-

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to everyone who fished! Sounds like I missed one heck of a day out on the water...
    Sometimes you're the monkey...Sometimes you're the football

Post Thanks / Like

to pole bender, this is crappie larry scott friend, ithought i woulld jump in and say hi? idon,t know if this will get to you or not but if it does can you give me a report on stockton?

Post Thanks / Like

crappie larry, welcome to the site. I'd try sending him a private message or starting a new thread on Stockton and I'm sure he'll reply if he gets a chance.

Jared, sounds like a great event once again. I like how the $ got spread around and the adult/youth teams did so well, too. Weights were close too so...had to be fun @ the weigh in.

Hope to make it to one or more of these this summer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast