Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Got our condos out.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Got our condos out.

Thanks Jerry Blake for the plans. We've got an endless supply of bamboo and all other materials were free accept for the quickcrete. We made 7 condos at cost of under $35 dollars and had a sack of quickrete leftover.

We mixed the concrete in a wheelbarrel which seemed easier to me. The rebar and the rope is a must.

We made 4 tall condos and measured the bamboo at 15 ft and cut the bottoms off.

With the bottoms we made 3 short condos.

We put the short ones around the dock and put the others in the cove in 25-30 ft of water. We put one right outside the cove toward the main lake channel. Our goal is to be able to catch crappie year round on the deeper ones.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the looks of those Fish4Life....Got a question for ya though....It appears you have the luxury of not having to transport the large structures down the road...However do you have any suggestions for those of us who are "less fortunate" and will have to haul the srtuctures down the highway? :rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

Hey there Full Limit, I know what you mean about transporting the tall condos made in the buckets. I only have to go about a 1/4 of a mile through our neighborhood to get down to the lake and I still swipe everything down both sides of the road!

Probably your best bet would be to make the shorter cane condos that Jerry Blake and Darryl Morris make right out on the lake. You could tie all your cane down flat in the boat and stack your concrete blocks in the floor. Best thing about these condos is that no mixing of concrete is required.

I made the mistake of taking a tall condo out to sink on a windy day. The wind sucked it out of the boat twice before I could even get to where I wanted to place it. I could just imagine the problems of loosing one on the interstate!
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

I travel mu condos about 30 miles when I fish I take twine like someone else here suggested and tie them like a christmas tree the cane I use is flexiable and handles nice when ties then just cut the twine when ready to drop and let er go

Post Thanks / Like

We tied the bamboo to the boat to get to the lake. About a 3 hour drive for us. We didnt build the condos till we got to the lake. I think I would try and build them on the bank next to where I wanted to drop them if I had to carry a completed one by water very far. They do not ride well at all once they are done.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Fish4Life,

What's up?...I am doing good..I live about five hours from the Lake of the Ozarks...I have a buddy who has a house down by the lake...Let me know how you do with those condos....I might drop some when I go back down.

Jeremy
    Thanks
    Take Care
    Bye

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Full Limit
    I like the looks of those Fish4Life....Got a question for ya though....It appears you have the luxury of not having to transport the large structures down the road...However do you have any suggestions for those of us who are "less fortunate" and will have to haul the srtuctures down the highway? :rolleyes:
    I put out a half dozen or so. What I did was tied the boo together in the top half of the condo trying to pull the boo in enough to get two layed longways in the boat. After I got to the boatramp I turned the two condos sideways in the front of the boat leaving the bucket in the floor of the boat. Worked like a charm when I got over my already picked out spots. All we did was remove the rope and slide the bucket of concrete around to get it over the side of the boat and let 'er go. They went straight down standing up on the bottom.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

if that don't look like country come to town...

I love the nice looking condo's and then 2 crappie fishermen in an alum boat easing on by with giant tall structures...Look at some of the nice boats in the slips...CRAPPIE fishing...GOTTA LOVE IT!!! It's a real WHITE COLLAR kinda sport.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been cementing 2' to 3' pvc into buckets and carrying the boo in the boat. When I get to my spot, I put the boo down in the pvc and shoot screws thru it. I can carry more like this.
    LET IT RIP!

Post Thanks / Like

sinch the limbs together and lay them down in the boat you could haul several,then cut limbs lose and drop them
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER