Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Green Tomato Relish Recipes?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Green Tomato Relish Recipes?

Anyone have a really good recipe for green tomato relish they could share?
    AMERICANS: Willing to cross a frozen river to kill you, in your sleep, on Christmas, totally not kidding, we've done it.

Post Thanks / Like

I dont know about relish but if you slice them up and roll in flour then fry them thats the best eatting they is
    Take a man hunting or fishing for a day he'll eat for a day.
    Teach a man to hunt or fish and he'll eat for a lifetime.Thumbs Up

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't mind a recipe either. We used to eat at Catfish Country in Owasso and they served the best pickled green tomatoes I've ever eaten. I sure wish they were still open!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by meatdragger View Post
    I wouldn't mind a recipe either. We used to eat at Catfish Country in Owasso and they served the best pickled green tomatoes I've ever eaten. I sure wish they were still open!
    Place in McAlester serves a green tomato (pickled) relish with their catfish and its yummy. I think the name of the restaurant is the cove or something like that.
    AMERICANS: Willing to cross a frozen river to kill you, in your sleep, on Christmas, totally not kidding, we've done it.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Adjustments can be made to fit taste:Green Tomato Pepper Relish·4 cups Onion, chopped·4 cups Green Tomatoes, chopped·3 cups Bell Peppers (green/yellow/red) seeded and chopped·1 cup Hot Peppers (chef’s choice) chopped·5 cups Sugar·4 cups Apple Cider Vinegar·2 tablespoons of Mustard Seed·2 tablespoons of Celery Seed·3 tablespoons Pickling Spice·2 tablespoons SaltDirectionsIn a food processor, fitted with a metal blade, pulse the vegetables about 10 times separately. Combine all of the chopped vegetable in a large pot with vinegar.Add sugar, mustard seed, celery seed and salt. Tie up pickling spice in cheesecloth or coffee filter and add to kettle (immerse). Cover with lid and let stand at room temperature overnight, or at least 8 hours. Remove the cloth bag of pickling spices and discard. Over high heat, bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Remove from the heat and spoon into half-pint preserving jars, filling the mixture to within 1/2-inch of the top. With a clean damp towel, wipe the rim and fit with a hot lid. Tightly screw on the metal ring. Process in a hot water bath for 15 minutes. Using tongs, remove the jars, place on a towel, and let cool. Test the seals. Tighten the rings. Store in a cool dark place. Let age for 2 weeks before using.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you gabby, looks like a winner!Thumbs Up