Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: MHX custom rods?

Post Thanks / Like

Default MHX custom rods?

I did a search and didnt get any hits on these rods so thought I would go a head and ask.

Anyone on here have a custom rod made from the MHX blank? The blanks are made by Mud hole and I believe Gary loomis helped design them.
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

I did a Google with "MHX custom rods" and got plenty of hits.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wwwUncle View Post
    I did a Google with "MHX custom rods" and got plenty of hits.
    Thanks, but I meant I did a topic search to see if there had already been a discussion on crappie.com
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

I have not built on the MHX blanks (yet), but from all I've heard they are really, really great blanks for the money.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dongotto View Post
    I did a search and didnt get any hits on these rods so thought I would go a head and ask.

Anyone on here have a custom rod made from the MHX blank? The blanks are made by Mud hole and I believe Gary loomis helped design them.
    Gary didn't not help design them, however they compare very well (in some models) to the old G.Loomis (now Shimano) IMX line that Gary did design. If you want a Gary Loomis designed rod, then that would be a North Fork Composite blank (whom Gary is a part owner).

Post Thanks / Like

I just got 2 of the ST1142-2 @ 9'-6" Med.Lt. and they really feel good. One is shipping to a customer in Wisconsin this week. I'll build up the other one and post some feedback on it later. They look identical to the Batson blanks we use now.
    "Never Fry Bacon Naked"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Lip RIPPERS View Post
    I just got 2 of the ST1142-2 @ 9'-6" Med.Lt. and they really feel good. One is shipping to a customer in Wisconsin this week. I'll build up the other one and post some feedback on it later. They look identical to the Batson blanks we use now.
    I'd bet money they would have a hard time matching the quality that you put into your rods Leland. Post a few pics of what you sent to Wisconsin for us. I really like the Batson, but am also always open to suggestions too.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry