Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Weather and Crappies?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Weather and Crappies?

Just wandering what will happen in next few days. I have been catching good limits of crappie everyday for about a week. Almost all males and very shallow with a surface water temp of around 70 degrees. A few days ago it got very cold, 38 degrees at night and the crappie have moved off banks into about 6 feet of water. Still catching them, and most are still males. I was just wandering if they will move back to the shallows and start the spawning process all over again. Wanted to get some opinions before I go tomorrow...starting to warm back up tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

They will move back. Fish from the first drop off towards shore and you'll zero in on them. With the water temp at 70 they shouldn't have moved far.

Post Thanks / Like

Supposed to be in 70's Thurs thru Sat, 80 possible Sun here in Northern IL, would bet by Thurs noon they are back in shallow water....
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I am ready to get back out... Caught 350 in the past week or so. Ready to get back at them tomorrow...

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

It's hard to stay away when it is "hot" fishing. Go get 'em.:p
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

What general areas of Il do u fish........
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

So where I was fishing last Sat the water temp was 66 degrees. Today the temp was 54 degrees. That was a huge drop. Fish are definitly no longer against the bank. Did catch a few in deeper water but no big numbers. Will they move back up again when the temps get better. Should be back in 60's by Sat. This is in Northern Ohio.

Post Thanks / Like

Well taking day off today. Was out both days with two in the boat and limited out both days.. Thursday caught fish in 4 to 6 ft of water, still 99% males. Friday water temp was back up to 68 degrees and fish were anywhere from 2 to 6 ft with 85% being female. Both days had our 50 fish limit in 4 hrs.