Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Any Ideas for Tomorrow?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any Ideas for Tomorrow?

Fishing in northern Wisconsin now. Water temp is 58-60 degrees. No spawn yet. Can't hardly seem to catch a fish. Windy for last two days. Finally not much wind today. Went out today and saw a couple of guys next to me 50 yaards away catching them like crazy. Was in about 5-7 feet of water with weeds. They were casting out with small bobber set about 2-3 feet. No minnow as they weren't baiting up. They would reel in a little at a time and catch fish consistently. I tried the same technique with different jigs, with and without minnows and not a bite. What gives here? Anybody have any tips that I'm not thinking about doing? What really made it bad was they went by me catching fish all the while, and I got nodda. Help!

Iowafuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Throw every color you have till you find what they are hitting on sometimes it just happens that way. Color and jig size could make all the difference in trhe world. Stick with it you will find the rite combination.
    Wishin I was Fishin

Post Thanks / Like

I only use swimming minnow jigs with 1/8oz quikset weedless heads. Just flip up into weeds and slowly drag it out through weeds. Always works for me. Color never seems to matter to me...just me opinion..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Firehots View Post
    Color never seems to matter to me...just me opinion..
    I felt the same way about bait color until an early spring outing couple of years ago. My buddy and I had been fishing a dock for hours with absolutely nothing to show for but tall tales and empty cans. The water was pretty dirty so I'd been primarily throwing black/chartreuse and black/pink slab slayers. Well, along come a couple of guys in tubes and after chatting for a bit one tells me "they're on red/chartreuse". I switched over and had a crappie in about 30 seconds. Consider me a convert!

If they're spawning and excited and eating everything in sight, yah, they'd prolly eat a soft stick if you put it in front of 'em. But if they're being finicky and picky (like all the women in my life ) I think you definitely have to 'match-the-hatch' so to speak.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteMeat View Post
    I felt the same way about bait color until an early spring outing couple of years ago. My buddy and I had been fishing a dock for hours with absolutely nothing to show for but tall tales and empty cans. The water was pretty dirty so I'd been primarily throwing black/chartreuse and black/pink slab slayers. Well, along come a couple of guys in tubes and after chatting for a bit one tells me "they're on red/chartreuse". I switched over and had a crappie in about 30 seconds. Consider me a convert!

If they're spawning and excited and eating everything in sight, yah, they'd prolly eat a soft stick if you put it in front of 'em. But if they're being finicky and picky (like all the women in my life ) I think you definitely have to 'match-the-hatch' so to speak.
    When it comes to talking about the women in your life, be careful. Before bad mouthing the trail boss, be a good idea to saddle up your horse. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

i agreee aobut matching the hatch\