Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Truman Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman Lake

We are heading out to Truman the 24th-26th. This is our first trip to Truman and are open to any suggestions on bait, style, general where to go. We are coming for crappie, but are willing to catch anything that is biting.
    Thanks for your suggestions.
    Also, any suggestions for navigating the boat with all the timber in the water. I am not used to alot of submerged cover, i.e. area of the lake to really be careful.
    Last edited by JWL; 03-19-2006 at 08:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

All of the lake is suspect I followed alot of other boats around for awhile to find my way.

Do you know were you plan to put in? This would help pin point some hazards for you.

Post Thanks / Like

get a good map and follow the channels. sounds simple but it's the only way. watch your depth finder, raise your motor as high as allowable, and go slow.
    i suggest long shoals and fish the mouths of creeks.

let us know how you did.

bob

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

We are staying at Hickory Hollow near Tightwad and will be putting in at public ramp that is supposedly close. Sorry, I don't know the name. All information is much appreciated. We have a paper map of the North end of the lake and have the Navionics Hot Maps for the GPS to load/save waypoints.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by JWL; 03-20-2006 at 11:56 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

When you come out of the resort and take a right about 1-2 miles is Windsor Crossing ramp, going left or right out of ramp will take you to some good fishing. Just be careful, lots of trees make sure you stay in the channel. If you make a left out of the resort take, left at the hwy 7 junction. And after traveling about 8 miles on your left will be long shoal marina and ramp. If you cross over the lake, you went to far. Head to the right out of the ramp under the bridge and fish the coves on the left are good in the spring. All of these ramps are fee ramps so make sure you pay or you might get a ticket. If you plan on coming back or use other corp ramps by the annual pass at the campground shacks.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys for the information. What are the "typical fees" for using the ramps? Is there anything else we will need to pay for besides nonresident fishing permits?
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JWL
    Thanks guys for the information. What are the "typical fees" for using the ramps? Is there anything else we will need to pay for besides nonresident fishing permits?
    Thanks!

Last time I looked the fee was $3.00 a day. It is my understanding that once you pay at a Corp ramp it is good all day at all ramps. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong but if pay at Windsor Crossing in the morning, and the pull out for lunch you can go to Long Shoal and put in that afternoon with out extra cost. It is sit up on a self pay basis look for the boxes in the parking lots; the envelopes have the dictions on them.

may your livewells stay full, and your rods stay bent.

Kevin

gonfishn Guest

I know the corp ramps at mark twain are set up like that, you pay once for all the ramps on the lake that same day.I would assume Truman would be the same.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes thats the way its set up.Pay once a day for all ramps.
    You might want to take a left out of windsor crossing go under bridge and follow channel till it turns hard right and on the left is the entrance to an old quarry.Its on the maps and it seems to warm up faster than most,go slow at entrance and raise motor there is a ledge thats shallow but then drops off to the rest of the quarry.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished that quarry last year and done well and thought if a person had some cover in there he could tear them up.What makes it warm up faster? if i remember correctely it had alot of limestone cliff's in it so that must have something to do with it.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast