Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New-B

lunchbox Guest

Default New-B

Hey yall newbie here just moved to Midway, KY from Maine.. I visited a friend that lives on Herrington Lake yesterday and have discussed the possibility of fishing it some time in the near future. I ice fished crappie fairly often in Maine and am looking forward to getting into some here. I fish for almost anything and am looking forward to trying the landlocked stripers and hybrid stripers. (where should I go?) anyway great forum and looking forward to shareing some info with you guys..

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink You'll find Ky waters ....

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox
    Hey yall newbie here just moved to Midway, KY from Maine.. I visited a friend that lives on Herrington Lake yesterday and have discussed the possibility of fishing it some time in the near future. I ice fished crappie fairly often in Maine and am looking forward to getting into some here. I fish for almost anything and am looking forward to trying the landlocked stripers and hybrid stripers. (where should I go?) anyway great forum and looking forward to shareing some info with you guys..
    a wee bit different than those of Maine ... LOL!! But- seriously ... Herrington can be a good lake, especially with a locals help. There are some good sized Hybrid Stripers in there, too. There are no longer any Stripers in Herrington ... best advice for them, is go to Cumberland lake and hire a Striper guide. All of the lakes here are a little different than any of the others in the state, and all have their potential ... depending on what you're fishing for and how you like to fish.
    Check local bait shops for KDFWR materials (boating & angling rules/regs, fish ID booklet, lake access pamphlets, etc) ... or contact the KDFWR and have them mailed to you. Check into subscribing to Ky Afield Magazine &/or Ky Game & Fish Magazine. You can also find good info, and free online articles or subscription info, here:
    http://www.kdfwr.state.ky.us/
    http://www.kentuckygameandfish.com/

Welcome to KY, welcome to Crappie.com, and ........ luck2ya ...cp

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to KY. Cumberland is for sure the best place to go for stripers. As far as crappie fishing goes this is the place to be. Crappiepappy is one of the more knowledgable posters on this board especially regarding fishing in KY. There many others who are more than happy to share their expertise as well. If you get into crappie fishing this board will help you become a better crappie fisherman. I've crappie fished for years and thought I was pretty good at it. This board made me better. Once again, welcome to the state of KY.

lunchbox Guest

Hey thanks for the welcome guys... I do love to crappie fish so I am sure I will be at home here on this board. As for cumberland I will definatly take a look and see when I can get out there. Crappie Pappi I have read some of your posts on fishing herrington and will use that along with my buddy who lives on the lake to find em. So once again thanks for the welcome and tight lines everyone.