Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 22 is all I do....

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 22 is all I do....

Tough fishing Sat. (Mar 18) but we managed to keep 22 of 28. Nice fish 11 to 12 inchers. Fished mostly in 6 to 10 foot waters using teal jig with hot pink skirt. When the fish hit, they were aggressive. Felt good...............Lots of boats were cruising the deeper waters. I didn't see much action from them, u know, like catching fish....A few were drifting using socks. The wind was awful and it was cold. I was in me Jon Boat, so I didn't venture too far from home. The Jon Boat floats!!!!

Friday (mar 17), put out some brush piles. Yep, in the Jon Boat and in 20 mile /hr. winds.

This was in West Sandy by the way Richard...ha
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 03-19-2006 at 05:58 PM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Tom man I read the header. And though man the new boat will only run 22..LOL
    Sounds like a good day to me. Please send this wind somewhere else so I can fish.
    Boy I bet that was fun. John boat and wind..

Pete

Post Thanks / Like

3/17/06 I fished hard only caught 17 keepers. Mine were about 3/4 pounds apiece. None of them had eggs. I caught mine on a blk/red/char. slater hair jig.

Post Thanks / Like

We fished Sat. and from 10Am until 3 pm had 9 keepers. Fished 10-18 ft. Then we went 6-8 ft matts, ended up with 51 keepers. Turned into a good day.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been watching the weatherbug and it looks like the weather may start making a swing for a little better temps. We're calling for 2-4" of snow here in Ohio tonight. I think I'll head south maybe Thursday or Friday. I've been Locked out of our mill here for 3 weeks now with no end in sight. The company won't even talk. They brought in every low life scab they can find to TRY to run this mill so---- Barkley Lake here I come! Had a report last night that they were starting to catch some good fish and numbers!