Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spider King Rod Holders

Post Thanks / Like

Question Spider King Rod Holders

I am new to this site and we are getting allot of positive feed back from you guys.

The main question I have is, Would you guys like our rod holders to be adjustable and what else would you like to see?Thumbs Up

www.spiderkingrodholders.com

Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea a lot, however somehow they need to disconnect from the seat so that when you turn your seat ya ain't draggin your set with ya. I see a lot of tangles every time ya turn to dump a fish in the well or look at another boat or something. You would almost have to be motionless to fish them unless I am missing something here. And yea adjustable would be good as well.

Post Thanks / Like

maybe just connect directly to the pedastal?

Post Thanks / Like

We have them adjustable. What allot of people are doing is using the pedestal seat for the holders and not necessarily for a seat. One of the best sellers is the drink/tackle holder too.
    Thanks for the input, we would like to here some more.

Post Thanks / Like

This is something that maybe looked good at first but just wasn't well thought out. In MHO you are just asking for trouble; even if you don't sit in the seat, those seats spin pretty easily.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JRA View Post
    This is something that maybe looked good at first but just wasn't well thought out. In MHO you are just asking for trouble; even if you don't sit in the seat, those seats spin pretty easily.
    My thoughts exactly. Maybe if they slid down over the pole and had legs or something but not connected to the seat. But to use the seat as a holder and not use it for 5-10 hours on the water, not me and I ain't got room for more seats to just have an extra.

Post Thanks / Like

This is product is not here to replace some of you guys spider rigs. What the intention is, to be able to have a place to set your rod in and not have to put it down on the deck of your boat.
    The second thing is, to have a place for your drink and tackle and it be next to you. You also can use the single rod holder to the rear of the seat and combine it with an out rigger, this will allow you to have a place to put a net, umbrella, and/or another rod n reel.

To say that it isn't well thought out is a little harsh, isn't it.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Tough crowd, huh ? You could possibly have avoided a lot of negative feedback, had you fully explained the concept & product use, from the start ... then ask for critique & possible alternative uses.
    Also, the replies are "opinions" of individuals, and how they see the product fitting their wants/needs.

As for me, personally ... an angler that casts about 95% of the time ... the rod holders wouldn't serve me in any positive way, since they'd be in the way of my casting motion. Then again, neither is having my "other" rods standing up in a rocket launcher style rod holder system or lying about on the deck. Both are "in the way", of either my cast or my feet.
    On the other hand ... I do like the little "caddies", and their placement position. I used to have a similar product, but it fastened to the pedastal, under the seat, and was a bit of a pain to use. Therefore, I seldom kept anything in it that I would have to have "instantly", so it served its purpose as a "catch all" for seldom used or only occasionally needed items.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Ok I think for the purpose it is intended it could be a good product. I was thinking it was for spider rigging. I mostly vertical jig with a single pole so at times it would be great to have a free hand without setting the pole on the deck or if fishing a bobber set the pole in the holder in easy reach and wait. Def could be a good tool

Post Thanks / Like

This how we developed this product.

I was fishing in Charleston SC and I was in front of the boat casting the bank "fun fishing". I realized that I had no where to set my rod down, then I realized I kept knocking my "drink" over and last, I always like having a 3 to 5 jigs whit me as I fished and I had no where to put them.

So this is how you can best use our product. You can combine them to however you fish and I am not the best person to describe things either, sorry.Thumbs Up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast