Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Got alot of get off my chest here

Post Thanks / Like

Default Got alot of get off my chest here

1. The lakes in east central nebraska, particularly around the omaha metro, are horrible, not necessarily for fishing but to be specific shoreline fishing, i have never seen so many weeds, muck, and vegetation its hard to fishing spinnerbaits and crankbaits without pulling 10 lbs off your line within an hour. Offutt Base Lake is by far the best upkept lake the metro, too bad its coming off a zebra mussel problem and the dredge the lake last year killing 40% of the fish in the lake, but removed 500 tons of muck and weeds.

2. Offutt Base Lake used to sell minnows and worms, now just worms. Where can i buy minnows around my local bellevue area?

3. I need to find another clean lake like the base lake before Wehrspan and Walnut Creek claim anymore of my tackle and line.

Sigh, i feel much better now.

Post Thanks / Like

I know exactly what you mean! I haven't found a lake with a good clean bottom. Everything has that stringy green seaweed stuff that has to be constantly cleaned off. But given that my work schedule has been rearranged (thanks to supply shortages from the factories in Japan) I will have more time off to go exp0lore different lakes. If I find a good one, I'll let you know.
    Many of the lakes around here are under a no live bait fish restriction. Game and Parks doesn't want to upset the food chain they are trying to establish in the lakes. Bluegills for largemouth bass food, channel cat's for the leftovers, etc.
    Good luck!
    I love HIM because HE first loved me.

Post Thanks / Like

I dont mind the stringy seaweed, in fact i've landed 3 largemouth bass in that stuff. Its the green mucky algae that lines the shores that i can't stand pulling off my lures or getting caught in. I think I'll invest in a rubber tube and go fishing in that. haha.

Post Thanks / Like

Cubby's in Papillion sell minnows. phone # 402-339-1031 May call to make sure they still have them. They are at the intersection of 370 and 84th st. Hope this helps.
    I am going to go to Beaver Lake tomorrow and get my boat registered there and will start fishing down there than. There is a lot of stuff to go through now because they are afraid of the Zebra Mussels and don't want them in the Lake. We have to take a test on the Zebra Mussels now to get a sticker so we can fish the lake and they will inspect the boat, livewell, bait buckets and anything else that will hold water, before you can launch a boat now.
    I am pretty well caught up with stuff so we can try again to get together at Walnut creek if you like. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

I got the stickers on the boat today so am ready to start fishing at Beaver lake now. We have to be very careful now where we put our boat in. They really don't care to have you putting your boat in the Missouri river. Local lakes they say aren't as bad as the river. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I've actually been sick with the flu for the past few days. No fishing for me until i get better.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, you get to feeling better! There are too many fish out there for me to catch all by myself.
    I love HIM because HE first loved me.