Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi-Tek Rod Holders

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi-Tek Rod Holders

Can you turn them to the side and pull bandit's and if i need a long track to put up front can you buy them or have to have them fabricated? 95% of the time we slow troll but when it heats up we pull bandits.
    FISH-ON!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DTG View Post
    Can you turn them to the side and pull bandit's and if i need a long track to put up front can you buy them or have to have them fabricated? 95% of the time we slow troll but when it heats up we pull bandits.
    Scott can make you any size base plate you want. I have pulled and push cranks with mine many times. Great seat up for both and any other multi rod set up you may want to do. Hightly recommended!
    Capt.C........Life's short. Be a friend. Eat good. Have fun and fish hard!

Post Thanks / Like

when pulling off side of boat u have to have ur reel either turned down or some reels as far back in the holder that u can get them or the might be pulled out is my experience with them.with my longer rods i just pull the reel all the way back in the holder and my shorter rods i turn reels down and never have a problem

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

What they said. I have enough to put 23 rods out and experiment with them all the time. I wouldn't have any others.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I love mine for spider rigging and look forward to pulling Bandits with them. I bought extra bases for all 4 of my 4 rod racks so I can move them all over the boat.

Does anybody have a link to the modifications that were posted some time back where the corner braces were added for trolling cranks? I have spent lots of time trying to find the thread where I saw it and haven't found it.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

hollar at "G" on the missippi board,he has some on his i believe
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdux View Post
    I love mine for spider rigging and look forward to pulling Bandits with them. I bought extra bases for all 4 of my 4 rod racks so I can move them all over the boat.

Does anybody have a link to the modifications that were posted some time back where the corner braces were added for trolling cranks? I have spent lots of time trying to find the thread where I saw it and haven't found it.

Post Thanks / Like

I pull bandits with the standard Hi-teks and havent had a fish come close to pulling a rod out....they work great for pulling cranks ....I always pull cranks with the reels down....like I said never had one come close to coming out, even snagged about a 7lb carp and the rod stayed....I also have extra floor mounts that I purchased so I can move mine around, so I can pull cranks or push jigs/rigs.....best rod holders I have ever used bar none....have a great one all, God bless

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I have never turned my reels down.....never had a problem. I did do the mod with the corner brace on the side toward the rear of the boat just for added insurance , but you don't really need them .Name:  New boat 004.jpg
Views: 6283
Size:  63.5 KB
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

I like them because we have a glass boat and when its time to move i dont have to unscrew and take chance of droppin one in the water. Just slid twist and trolling motor up and gone.
    FISH-ON!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

His new design will work for all applications without any modifications. You'll have to email him for pictures!

The best of any designs on the market.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast