Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fish breading

Post Thanks / Like

Default fish breading

im looking for a breading recipe. i like to use a light breading. and i host alot of fish fries and cook for long periods of time. and i figured out that corn meal burns at a lower temp. and after a while iv been cookin. the sediment on the bottom starts to burn. im looking for a recipe that i can use and cook for hours without having to worry about this. any ideas from u guys would help. thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Not trying to be an azz but theres a cooking forum section, you might try there.
    But i use andys fish batter: mix red and orginal together

Post Thanks / Like

jhill10...seriously look into the Cajun Fryer by RV Works. I had same problem, they mfg. a fryer ( no I'm not a salesman for them or any connection to them at all) that heats the oil up off the bottom of the cooker, the breading falls into a "V" at the bottom keeping the oil cleaner. I've got the 4 gal one. Check em out you won't be disappointed.
    "Guns have only two enemies rust and politicians."

Post Thanks / Like

Try drakes fry, and make a beer batter. That keeps oil cleaner than cornmeal
    get in, sit down, shut up and fish

dkb23 is offline Moderator Illinois Forum and Supermod
    Post Thanks / Like

We always try to do a batch or two of potatoes slices every so often and it cleans up the oil a bit. Seems to work for us? Give it a try.
    If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.:rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

I have had the same problem, when you cook for 60 or 70 people, after the 3rd or 4th pot full , you start burning the settlements in the bottom. Have not found the answer yet.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks guys. i posted it in the cooking crappie forum n no reply. guess ima hav 2 stick 2 the old recipe for now.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fish Breading

Zataran's- Get it by the large jug at Sam's.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been well pleased with the Zatarans at Sams also. As mentioned above the sliced potatoes work great.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

White Lily corn meal is working pretty good for me. I've found that if you pat the fillets with paper towels and let 'em dry some on paper towels they dont pick up as much meal therefore they dont loose as much meal in the grease. We just cooked for 50 folks at the church and didnt have any problems with the grease (sediments) burning. It's the way I always cook 'em at home.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast