Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rod and Reel combo?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod and Reel combo?

Ok I'm needing to buy a few rod and reel combos. My Crappie fishing will consist primarily fish docks, and structure similar to bass fishing. my lures of choice are curly tail jigs, rooster tails and small spinners. Will a light spinning set up with 5-6ft rod and 4-6lb line work for my type of fishing? I'm totally new to this and all my other rod and reels are for bass or inshore trout and reds fishing. Thanks for any help.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like it should work just fine. I just picked up a 5' Ugly Stik and an Okuma AV20a spinning reel to go with it. Now if the weather would just cooperate so I can go try it out!
    I love HIM because HE first loved me.

Post Thanks / Like

you got the tactic it sounds like with your lure selection ...........just go to THE SMALLEST type of the earlier mentioned choices sold by that manufactor and you'll hit pay dirt ( especially when its hot ) ....oops - too much info ..( smile)

Post Thanks / Like

shakespeare has some nice rods and reels, reels like the alpha size 25 or 20 and rods like the ugly stik. berkley also has the cherrywood spinning rod for somewhere around 20-30 bucks. it really depends on how much your budget allows. all that is listed above is 10-40 dollars. just lookaround on amazo and you may find some 10 dollar reels.